Anybody ever try out for The Real World?

Ricky Church

Stole Timberlake's Spaceship-Coupe
Daps
Reppin
Hudson County N.J. [Jersey City 201]
I'm thinkin' about sending in a tape for the hell of it :yeshrug:

They still looking for ppl for the Portland season, but wtf I look like going to wack Oregon?
I'd wanna go back to Miami or out the country or some shyt
actin' a damn fool, rockin' a "Coli" shirt :krs:

Sent from my Kindle Fire

weMFR

Pro
Daps
id prolly do that shiit, no tellin what the contract looks like tho..

havoc00

Pro
Daps
id always thought bout that shyt but id end up sitting in my room by myself drinking and never talking to anyone

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
i've been wanting to try out, but the thing is, if you're a college student, it can put your studies in a cuckold. Imagine after filming the season, you now have new found fame. Promoters and club owners would pay you for appearance fees and you would get all types of lecture invitations. It would be very hard to juggle all of those. So you would have to take a semester off. Don't forget the possibility of getting invited to challenges to countries abroad....

fukk it, sign me up.

havoc00

Pro
Daps
:laugh:

See havoc jackin' off with no sheets in bedd drankin' a 40

Sent from my Kindle Fire

Id either be in my room doin that or fukking with the cast get into a fight and get booted off, id def order a prostitute though

Rufus Dufus

All Star
Daps
MTV's standard Real World contract leaked last year.

The entire contract is in the link:
We Have Obtained a Copy of MTV's Standard Real World Cast-Member Contract - New York - News - Runnin' Scared

Under the stipulations of the following standard contract, participants in Real World--the grandaddy of "reality" shows, after Cops--agree to the following terms:

• You may die, lose limbs, and suffer nervous breakdowns. (Stipulation 1)

• If you undergo any medical procedures while involved in the show, they carry the risk of infection, disfigurement, death. (4)

• You may be humiliated and explicitly portrayed "in a false light." (12)

• Producers are under no obligation to conduct background checks on your fellow cast members. (7)

• If you contract AIDS or other sexually transmitted diseases while filming ["gonorrhea, herpes, syphilis, pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), Chlamydia, scabies (crabs),'hepatitis, genital warts, and other communicable and sexually transmitted diseases or Pregnancy; etc"], MTV is not responsible. (7)

• Interacting with other cast members carries the risk of "non-consensual physical contact" and should you contract AIDS, etc. during such an interaction, MTV is not responsible. (7)

• You don't have STDs, but accept that other people on the show might. (18)

• You're not pregnant and you won't become pregnant before the show's done filming. If you do become pregnant, you'll tell the Producer immediately--and pregnancy is grounds for dismissal. (38)

• If you get kicked off the show, it will be filmed. (14)

• You can't change your physical appearance during filming, without the Producer's express permission. (26)

• You grant the Producer blanket rights to your life story. (49)

• The Producer can do pretty much anything they want with your life story, including misrepresent it. (49)

• Your email may be monitored during participation. (20b)

• You promise not to hide from MTV cameras in establishments where they can't film. (20a)

• You authorize the Producer to have total access to your school records, government forms, your credit history. (19)

• The production crew can show up at your personal house at any time to film and/or to take anything they want, as long as they return the objects once production has ended. (20a)

• Under ordinary circumstances, all of this would be considered a "serious" invasion of privacy. (11)

• For one year after the show's final episode airs, cast members are required to participate in all producer-determined press and forbidden from engaging in any media (radio, television, chat rooms, blogs) without the Producer's written permission. (9)

• The Producer holds the authorship and copyright to every photograph, email, website, sound or video recording, documented performance created in relation to the program, on every medium imaginable. (8)

• You're obligated to participate in a Reunion Special for up to five years after the show ends, you'll be paid $2500 for your involvement, and the Producer only has to give you 14 days notice. (50c)

• You're required to participate in book or home video projects for two years after the show ends, and you'll be paid $750.00 for each one. (50f)

Also, worth noting:

• While you're on the show, you're responsible for all long-distance phone charges. (16a)

• The explicit list of physical tasks you might be subjected to, enumerated in the contract, include traveling by "air (whether via helicopter, commercial airliner, glider, private aircraft or otherwise), train and/or automobile, as well as strenuous and/or dangerous and/or mental activity, including but not limited to, horseback riding, jogging, bicycling, motorcycling, exercise and/or weight equipment, skydiving, swimming, bungee jumping, parasailing snorkeling, jet skiing, amusement park activities, rock climbing, engaging in contact sports, hiking, kayaking and boating." (1)

There's a lot more where that came from. Our favorite lines highlighted in orange.

Ricky Church

Stole Timberlake's Spaceship-Coupe
Daps
Reppin
Hudson County N.J. [Jersey City 201]
Going on the RW with coli fam lmao

@ Premeditated
word, but for a dude like me that just works and really doesn't go to school right now, it'd be perfect for me.

I just feel bored and I wanna do something different, just for the experience and shyt.
Imagine how many tapes they probably get everyday.

Sent from my Kindle Fire

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
:laugh:

See havoc jackin' off with no sheets in bedd drankin' a 40

Sent from my Kindle Fire

09052005060217_tyree.gif

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
i've been wanting to try out, but the thing is, if you're a college student, it can put your studies in a cuckold. Imagine after filming the season, you now have new found fame. Promoters and club owners would pay you for appearance fees and you would get all types of lecture invitations. It would be very hard to juggle all of those. So you would have to take a semester off. Don't forget the possibility of getting invited to challenges to countries abroad....

fukk it, sign me up.

nikka I was goin say...and where is the dilemma here?