Anybody ever have a family member in an abusive realationship?

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
How exactly did you deal with this matter?

Seems perplexing to sit back while said family member gets violated. Then its definitely a form of disrespect to the males of the family if dude is openly like :smugbiden: about the situation.

I also don't understand how a person can take abuse and keep going back to that person. So its like why should I catch a case for someone who is grown and knows they are being knocked upside the head and can get out of the situation at anytime.

I know I'll get some jokes about this but I hope I can get a few serious answers as well because I know I'm not the only person this has happened to.

Daps
Reppin
Australia
Have you tried talking with the person involved and letting them know how you feel?
Reassure them that abuse in relationships is not normal and that usually once the abuse starts, it's very unlikely that It will stop unless initiated by the victim.

Sometimes when people are in relationships for a long time (abusive relationships) the hitting, the yelling, the manipulating, the fighting all becomes the norm in the relationship and once It reaches that stage, like I said, It's very hard to back track and repair that relationship because all trust is basically lost.

You need to assure them that there is something that can be done, and that they can be helped. They need to be educated and made aware of the access they have to certain health\counselling that can help the person deal with the situation.

Remind them that they're not to blame!

I would happily refer you in the right direction but I live in Australia and Im not sure of the types of allied health/community services provided in the U.S.A.

I grew up in an abusive household and have had horrible anxiety my whole life, but I try not to let it hold me back in any way...

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
Have you tried talking with the person involved and letting them know how you feel?
Reassure them that abuse in relationships is not normal and that usually once the abuse starts, it's very unlikely that It will stop unless initiated by the victim.

Sometimes when people are in relationships for a long time (abusive relationships) the hitting, the yelling, the manipulating, the fighting all becomes the norm in the relationship and once It reaches that stage, like I said, It's very hard to back track and repair that relationship because all trust is basically lost.

You need to assure them that there is something that can be done, and that they can be helped. They need to be educated and made aware of the access they have to certain health\counselling that can help the person deal with the situation.

Remind them that they're not to blame!

I would happily refer you in the right direction but I live in Australia and Im not sure of the types of allied health/community services provided in the U.S.A.

I grew up in an abusive household and have had horrible anxiety my whole life, but I try not to let it hold me back in any way...

An intervention is definitely the next step to get professional help. Something has to be wrong psychologically when something like this happens.

Daps
Reppin
Australia
An intervention is definitely the next step to get professional help. Something has to be wrong psychologically when something like this happens.

Educating people on access to services isn't always the easiest thing to do either...the best way is to refer them to see a Dr, councillor or social worker. They'll provide the information on how to get help.. IMO Its the best option but sometimes I know (in certain situations) Its not an option..If it has reached that stage where the person feels they aren't allowed or too scared to even go see a Dr then Its obviously reached the stage where the police need to be called or an AVO need to be ordered. I couldn't give a flying fukk what any of you a$$holes say about calling the cops, sometimes It's the only option rather than to sit there and watch someone you love get the sh1t beat outta them..

I've seen couples, families and children make the transition back after being rehabilitated and I have to say, It's one of the most satisfying and rewarding things to be apart of, especially coming from a household that regularly had these experiences..

Anyway, thats it, thats all. If you have any Q's feel free to hit me up a PM.

Edit:

Definitely, an Intervention is also something that will help, I just find that with interventions is that If you don't have the right approach they usually don't go the way you would like them to. They're either hit or miss (well obviously lol) you know what I mean..

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Hell no. As many nyggaz in my family (uncles, male cousins, goons etc) We wouldn't have that shyt. Actually there was this 1 time back in the day, I was a kid at the time. One of my aunties had a boyfriend that slapped the shyt out of her. She called her brothers over and they whooped his azz. So that was the end of that. :manny:

A dude who beats his female and is in an abusive relationship does not respect the family that the chick belongs to. Basically he knows that there will be no repercussions for his actions. The dude knows that nobody is gonna give him that work.

HowardHughes

Still hiding
Daps
Reppin
Vegas
mysmilie_910.gif

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
Abusive relationships are a two-way street that you should never attempt to cross. People on that road usually find a way to stick around on it.

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
my lil cuz had a nikka try n hit her one time we found out took care of it tho

first time thing.... he snapped on her but she wasnt playin dat shyt never seen dude again

if somebody is in a relationship like that they prolly like gettin they ass whooped imo

resurrection

By Way of Deception, Thou Shalt Do War
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Abused wives/gf's who stay do so because they are so emotionally fukked up from the abuse, they actually find ways to rationalize, even excuse, the person's behavior as somehow their own fault.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
My sister is in a Lauryn Hill type of religious cult, mind manipulation type relationship. We don't know how to get her out :to: We're scared for her kids. I mean look what the fukk happened to Lauryn Hill. How do we stop this? :snoop: She is too far gone. Psychological abuse is terrible brehs