Anybody ever deload?

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
If so, do y'all just take that full week off by not going to the gym or still go but lower the intensity and volume?

It's that time for me to take a deload.

Wondering what others do.

:patrice:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just did one....I follow a 12 week program and at the end of the 12th week I take a week off ezcept for like a bit of cardio.

This was my 3rd cycle doing this.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
What would be the benefit of doing this?

1-2 days ain't enough rest if your following a intense program and been on said program for 2-3 months straight.

Deloading for a week allows your muscles, bones, joints, brain and central nervous system to fully heal and recover. Especially if you notice a plateau and strength hasn't been improving.

I've been told to take a full week off but with diet still strict OR continue going to the gym but low intensity and volume. A time to try out new exercises or work on form.

I'm going to deload next week. Been hitting the gym hard for the past 3 months, 6x a week.

SATAN

Eve was a thot.
Daps
Reppin
HELL
1-2 days ain't enough rest if your following a intense program and been on said program for 2-3 months straight.

Deloading for a week allows your muscles, bones, joints, brain and central nervous system to fully heal and recover. Especially if you notice a plateau and strength hasn't been improving.

I've been told to take a full week off but with diet still strict OR continue going to the gym but low intensity and volume. A time to try out new exercises or work on form.

I'm going to deload next week. Been hitting the gym hard for the past 3 months, 6x a week.

If you are hitting a plateau I would suggest adding variety to your program, different exercises, and only go 3-4x a week.

☃ ೋ

Superstar
Daps
I do. After the program im running is done, i take a full week off. Although i feel very lazy when i do come back, like i have no urge to do anything.

Also deloading could mean just taking a week of VERY low weight, in comparison to what youre used to, and doing basic stuff with that for a week; in preperation for the start of your next program.

All in all, you need to rest your body at some point, going HAM full year round, will get you injured

Amused Mastery

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I'm on 5/3/1, so every 4th week I do the same lifts but at deloaded weights. Gives your body a bit of a break while keeping you active, and it's also a good time to iron out any kinks in your form.