anybody ever dealt with jealousy from friends or family because of ur success?

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Of course, not from my family, but a couple of my (former) boys have made comments that had me :what: for a second. It seems like every time something good happens to them I'm congratulating them, but any time something good happens to me they always say that I'm always getting lucky and don't give me any credit.
Aint-Nobody-Got-Time-for-That.gif

• Dap
Reactions: DrX

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Of course, not from my family, but a couple of my (former) boys have made comments that had me :what: for a second. It seems like every time something good happens to them I'm congratulating them, but any time something good happens to me they always say that I'm always getting lucky and don't give me any credit.
Aint-Nobody-Got-Time-for-That.gif
yeah thats not a good sign when the love aint mutual

im usually the guy that give props....only not to get none back

www.THUG.com

Trick Love Da Kids!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D.C.
When I graduated from grad school, my friends and my boyfriend all deserted me. Even some of my family bailed on me. It seems like this was a gift and a curse. :(

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Mainly from family (my cousin who's a few years younger than me). His mom (my aunt who was married into the fam) has always brainwashed him to compete with me since we were kids. We grew up together but I always saw instances where he would try to throw shots at me. Being the older one I always took the high road. When I made my the big move and took over this law firm several years ago (at 26 years of age at the time) that's when I saw the real jealousy pop out. Didn't congratulate me or nothing, downplaying it. I just brush it off. That's all you can do. You shouldn't feel guilty for working hard and being successful (especially if you are humble about it and not condescending.)

My friends are opposite of my cousin and sort of get driven by my success. I sometimes feel guilty talking about the condo I'm looking at or the new whip I want to get but they aren't that type which is great. They support me and also turn to me for advice and to get my opinion on stuff. I do my best to help them. My one buddy has now made the jump and is opening his own optical store next month. The other just took on solid business sales position at his job.

It's unfortunate when people want you to do well....... as long as it's not more than them.

RawlDough

Pro
Daps
I came in this thread to make jokes but.....

This is some real shyt....

hzbmz.gif