anybody else in here never shot a gun before?

Yung Yogurt

Culo Season
Daps
Reppin
Team Peakaboo
I aint scared to admit it, but I am having a kid in a few months and I want to cop something for the house. They have training and classes at a spot near my crib but at the end of the day I aint tryna do all that shyt when I already gotta pay for a gat in the first place. So with that said what is a good starter for a novice such as myself and something my girl can shoot (hopefully not me) in case shyt hits the fan.

BuyandSave

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#inherentville
I haven't and idgaf. I don't see the point of having a gun or going to a shooting range past the regular fun factor. If you're not a soldier or a gangster who will actually use it the only reason you're getting one is to overcompensate for w/e.

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
I haven't and idgaf. I don't see the point of having a gun or going to a shooting range past the regular fun factor. If you're not a soldier or a gangster who will actually use it the only reason you're getting one is to overcompensate for w/e.

We gonna act like home invasions haven't been stopped because the victim of the invasion was strapped?

Overcompensate my ass :rudy:

It's basically insurance.

Buy a gun, tuck it away, hope you never need it..

If you come across a situation, atleast you're armed.

Daps
:why: nikka anyone with common sense can keep a gun in the house with a young child

Thats not the point. Homeboy wants to have a gat in the house just cause.

If you not bout that life theres absolutely no reason to have a hammer sitting around the crib especially where a young child is growing up. That type of pointless paranoia invites them same demonic situation to you

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I had to break into my own house today (was posed to be out of town, came back early didn't call, left keys).. everyone was sleep... I walk upstairs my girl is in the closet with the burner. She doesn't like guns.. told me not to get another one.... but if that would have been someone other than me, the head would have been missing off that person.

If you're not a complete idiot, having guns w kids is ok... and recommended. You never know. I saved a bytch life at a gas station once, so u can't tell me situations might not come up. get burners,, get training, keep burners ready.

Kalik

Rasta in Babylon
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida / Bahamas
Do the course. Get something you comfortable with. Don't let them talk you into something that costs more than you need. You need dependable... with lifetime warranty.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Thats not the point. Homeboy wants to have a gat in the house just cause.

If you not bout that life theres absolutely no reason to have a hammer sitting in the crib especially where a young child is growing up. That type of pointless paranoia invites them same demonic situation to you
Everyone with children are about that life...

and not having a gun isn't going to deter shyt from happening.

Handsback

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some ranges have rentals so you can try out handguns before you buy them. Costs you a little but it's better to learn that you don't like something for $10 than be stuck with a 500 dollar mistake.

Get what fits your hand. There are tons of different brands and types of pistols and everyone has their favorite. Your opinion is the only one that matters. That said, understand the pros and cons of whatever you choose. Make sure your girl can handle whatever you decide on before you buy. You might like .45 but it could be too much for her. Off the bat a lot of people prefer 9mm. Glock and XD are pretty popular brands so give them a shot.

I'd say start out shooting a .22. Don't necessarily have to buy one but the first time you shoot that's what is recommend. I don't care how tough anyone is, the first time you pull a trigger, the shyt is jarring. It's a good starter. Getting used to it shooting is usually easier with smaller ammunition. And it's a lot cheaper to practice with as well.

Keep in mind, right now there's a shortage of both guns and ammunition right now because all the gun nuts think Obama is gonna ban everything but it'll hopefully blow over in a while so prices are up for everything right now. No one can say if prices will go down or not but its something to consider.

Uncle_Dirty

Finna Ball.
Daps
im up in Canada so im not worried about that gun shyt :pachaha:

but on the other hand... if you're in a country where gun sales are legal like that and you don't have one you are definitely on the losing team. :demonic:

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
Shooting a gun is varied based on experience, First of all it's louder than you imagine. I would say, go to the range, practice with a 9mm or 22 because the bullets are cheaper and you want to get used to squeezing the trigger. Get a .40 or 45 for home defense, or better yet get a shotgun.

The thing is, if someone is going to break into your home, it's usually going to be someone you know who sent someone in there. Or a neighbor who knows your routine of leaving and returning home.

If you leave the home and your lady is there alone with your kid, make sure she knows where the gun is and always have one in the chamber before you leave the house, some women that aren't experienced with guns have a hard time racking them.

Get a conceal carry license, because you should have a gun on you when you walk into the house because if you walk into a situation where someone is in your house, you are not going to have time to get to your gun hidden in your room, or worse yet, the robbers have found the gun. It's best to have 2 or more weapons in different locations.

If you live in a high crime area, it might be wise to move to a different area. The last thing you want to do is get in a situation where you have to shoot somebody and then have detectives and lawyers and juries involved. Be safe, be careful

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
never done it but i wanna get something to proteck mah self out herre in the wild wild west. vegas got a bunch of places where you can go let off with the AK (and it also goes for only 8k minus 6 racks plus one on top of that FYI). i might go hit up one-a them spots and then get me a pistol and a shotty. one to wear and one to chill wit.