Anybody else get REALLY sleepy after lunch?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm affected by this BADLY and I'm not sure why, but shyt is the worst. It's not so bad on weekends since I can just take a nap, but between 2pm and 3:30 I'm literally at work nodding off at my desk.

Not sure if it's something I'm eating or if I need to go to bed earlier, but its pretty bad. I don't typically eat breakfast on weekdays and my lunch varies, sometimes just a protein bar, other times I might have a half a sub. Typically I don't eat that big of a lunch, I tend to do most of my eating after works.

Anybody else have to deal with this?

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
I think it has something to do with the old human genetics like how they used to sleep after hunting as caveman

Nah brehs it's the carbs and the glucose spike and crash. You'll never be tired like that after eating a big omelette or something

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Nah brehs it's the carbs and the glucose spike and crash. You'll never be tired like that after eating a big omelette or something
i do.

I get sleepy after meals no matter what it is. I think most people are like this as well

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
I don't eat during my lunch at work for that fact.
In a weird way the hunger keeps me awake but if I eat anything I'm ready to :snooze:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I sleep well the night before then it's not that bad. However, If I don't sleep well, i'll be nodding after lunch. I just a take a walk around the block. In the winter I walk the stairs in my building ( 6 stories) a few times and that usually helps.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I'm affected by this BADLY and I'm not sure why, but shyt is the worst. It's not so bad on weekends since I can just take a nap, but between 2pm and 3:30 I'm literally at work nodding off at my desk.

Not sure if it's something I'm eating or if I need to go to bed earlier, but its pretty bad. I don't typically eat breakfast on weekdays and my lunch varies, sometimes just a protein bar, other times I might have a half a sub. Typically I don't eat that big of a lunch, I tend to do most of my eating after works.

Anybody else have to deal with this?
How much sleep do you normally get and how regular are your sleep patterns?

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
nikkaitis
A cultural term used by African Americans to describe the sleepy feeling that comes from eating too much food.

the itis gets me everytime

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
i do.

I get sleepy after meals no matter what it is. I think most people are like this as well

If you really an an experiment I think you'll find that it's not true. If you eat pure protein, fats and veggies (no sugar or carbs at all) you will not get sleepy

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
If you really an an experiment I think you'll find that it's not true. If you eat pure protein, fats and veggies (no sugar or carbs at all) you will not get sleepy
I eat salad with spinach baked chicken and veggies everyday for lunch

Try again

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
It happens to most people. It doesn't matter what I eat I'll feel exhausted after lunch. I have a cup of coffee after lunch and stay chewing gum all afternoon until I leave work.