Anybody else ever just drop off the radar for a while?

beezy

Old Member
Daps
Reppin
guala guala island
I've been thinking about pulling a disappearing act for a while. I think it could be good for me. I mean, I left my hometown 3.5 years ago and other than the few people i really care about, just keep in touch through social networking and sh*t. But even so, i think its held me back from maturing and growing more. Being away and seeing people flexin on IG, acting like they're living the life, girls makin themselves look better than they really do, putting on a front like life is great and im missin out, tainting the reality of things.. pullin me into the rat race where i hate to admit but i feel influenced to have to "compete", show off, and try to "prove my worth" or somethin.. :thumbsdown: when in reality i go back there and theyre all on the same sh*t they were before i left. NOTHING. its all fake, so why am i wasting time focusing on that when i could be more focused on me and what i REALLY want, not what will make me look better. those people probably dont even genuinely care about me or what im doin. theyre probably hatin and wishin me the worst. I know im one of if not the most successful one outta everyone i graduated with and feel like i cant even relate with them anymore. i had to grow up fast. but a part of me still clings onto that bullsh*t. maybe its time to let it go.
daVJvHy.png

Im dreading going back for a couple weeks this summer.. :snoop: im not even gonna announce that im comin. Just gonna delete everything and move in silence like lasagna. maybe the next time they see or hear from me ill be a millionaire livin in brazil :takedat:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
When i turned 19 my mother saw my grades in college and got upset. She did not like the fact that i was a c student and living in her house not paying a lot of bills. She reccomended i find a place to live. Not kicking me out but i guess trying to make me shook so i did better in school. I moved to Los Angeles. She was upset but L.A has been good to me.

Sometimes its good to drop off the radar and just put yourself into a completely different zone. I became a man in L.A being on my own and i feel it was one of the smartest decisions i ever made in my life. Im not sure what you should do in that regard but if you're striving for something new, a change of environment or a new group of friends can only hurt. Often times engaging in new hobbies opens doors to get involved with new groups of people.

Brazillian JIujitsu. :dj2:

beezy

Old Member
Daps
Reppin
guala guala island
When i turned 19 my mother saw my grades in college and got upset. She did not like the fact that i was a c student and living in her house not paying a lot of bills. She reccomended i find a place to live. Not kicking me out but i guess trying to make me shook so i did better in school. I moved to Los Angeles. She was upset but L.A has been good to me.

Sometimes its good to drop off the radar and just put yourself into a completely different zone. I became a man in L.A being on my own and i feel it was one of the smartest decisions i ever made in my life. Im not sure what you should do in that regard but if you're striving for something new, a change of environment or a new group of friends can only hurt. Often times engaging in new hobbies opens doors to get involved with new groups of people.

Brazillian JIujitsu. :dj2:

yea im movin to the dc metro area this summer, and thought maybe i could start fresh, and just put my hometown behind me

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
Nope, I need to keep tap dancing for these cacs to get my career moving. :steviej: Can't do that or they'll think you're unsociable and it's over. :bryan:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
yea im movin to the dc metro area this summer, and thought maybe i could start fresh, and just put my hometown behind me

Nothing wrong with that. Sometimes you catch old friends down the road and sometimes, you never see them again. No reason to let your friends keep you from expanding your mind. Good for you. Just try not to become demonic, friend.

beezy

Old Member
Daps
Reppin
guala guala island
Nope, I need to keep shuckin' and jivin' for these cacs to get my career moving. :steviej: Can't do that or they'll think you're unsociable and it's over. :bryan:

its not the people ima be workin for that im duckin, just the people from my hometown other than people i really care about. when i get to this new place i want to socialize and get in with new groups of friends and shyt.. just kinda move on. i feel like i been stuck in the past when in reality i shoulda moved on and stopped pretending to be a part of old cliques that i been away from

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I pretty much gave up all social media besides the coli but not because I'm trying to get away, I just did it bc it got boring. Haven't used fb, instagram or twitter in lord knows how long. Besides anybody im cool with texts me anyway.