any tips for adapting to living in a multi unit apartment building?

M617

retired
Supporter
Daps
im going from a decent single family house to a 3 story tall multi unti building that has like 20 units.

never lived like this before but the place seems nice and i will have my own space and make my apartment sick. im splitting a 2br

what should i get used to doing differently living with so many different people as neighbors? i never lived in the same building with black folks and asians before only as neighbors and there's a decent amount living here. should be fun and interesting and im actually extremely excited to see this change in my life.

aRoMaN21

over 14 years in the shade...
Daps
have fun using headphones and ear plugs.

i hope you dont like blasting music, cuz those days are over for you.
and i hope you got an apartment on the top floor.

So-Chi

Colfax to the burbs'
Daps
Reppin
goons in the cut tryna talk you out yo necklace
There's always a snitch..find them and see how close they live to you. That's important for having comfort in people coming over and kicking it. Hope you don't have a nasty person close by also, or someone who cooks foul foods. There MIGHT be some eye candy, but thats a decision for you to make as far as worth.

M617

retired
Supporter
Daps
have fun using headphones and ear plugs.

i hope you dont like blasting music, cuz those days are over for you.
and i hope you got an apartment on the top floor.

no its on the first floor. near one of the exits so i only have neighbors on 1 side and above. the place seems pretty decent for noise im pretty sure i will be able to get away with music at a reasonable noise

id rather hear people above me then people hear me because me and my boys will be having low key parties walking around and just shooting the shyt in the apartment so i can deal with footsteps id rather not have them complaining about me

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
Try to be friendly witih neighbors unless they do some a$$hole shyt to you. Cause when you wanna party and be loud some night they might not snitch as quick. Sometimes you get lucky and never hear or see them, but other times you deal with loud music, kids, dogs, indian food smells, etc. good luck breh. I been doin it for 7-8 years and mostly had good experiences.