Any PLEX Users??

earl n water

Southern Hustle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
FLOR1DA
I run a small server on an old HP Pavilion i7 2nd Gen (~500 movies, ~40 TV shows, music, kid-friendly media), built mostly for family, but constantly updating and adding new shyt. I have a Plex Pass, so Sync can be enabled.

Just lookin' for a few (3 people) to jump on and give it a run for awhile. Trying to take full advantage of Tautulli, but I need more users actually generating data, outside of my LAN. If interested, shoot me a PM.

I'll update this thread once the slots have been filled.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
I've never been into media servers like that so it's possible I just don't understand, but in this day and age what would be the reason for Plex? You can just put Kodi on every device and have your whole collection plus hundreds of thousands of more options, right? With very little hard drive space taken up

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I've never been into media servers like that so it's possible I just don't understand, but in this day and age what would be the reason for Plex? You can just put Kodi on every device and have your whole collection plus hundreds of thousands of more options, right? With very little hard drive space taken up

The reason is you can share your server with others. So while you may have your own personal collection that suits all of your needs there's tons of other people who don't have their own server. But with plex as long as they get a invite they can watch anything they want on someone else's server.

I have 4 different servers i can log into on my account but the main one i use is a 8tb NAS that constantly updates daily. It basically replaced netflix for me since it has everything from all streaming platforms in one place(netflix,hulu,prime,hbo,starz,disney+,vh1 etc)

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
The reason is you can share your server with others. So while you may have your own personal collection that suits all of your needs there's tons of other people who don't have their own server. But with plex as long as they get a invite they can watch anything they want on someone else's server.

I have 4 different servers i can log into on my account but the main one i use is a 8tb NAS that constantly updates daily. It basically replaced netflix for me since it has everything from all streaming platforms in one place(netflix,hulu,prime,hbo,starz,disney+,vh1 etc)
Let me get a invite

earl n water

Southern Hustle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
FLOR1DA
I prefer Plex over Kodi due to packaging and GUI. As someone said above, sharing my server with anyone on the planet is literally 3 clicks.

Do I need the premium pass? I've never bought it before just used local
You don't need a Plex Pass to access someone's server. Just an invite.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My settings are all messed up. I can see the movies and shows, but they’re all unavailable.

:francis:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I got tired of kodi always having to switch to different streams or programs. Having to deal with inconsistent stream qualities, like watching a series and the first 4 episodes stream with no problem then episode 5 will be unavailable or in a lower quality.

kodi got to be a headache, and I can pretty much do the same thing they were doing, I have a separate server running Plex and I have a VM setup behind a vpn handling my downloads and it’s all automated through sonarr and radarr.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
I have a DVD player in the basement that stopped working. I figure I can just rip my exercise DVDs, create a new Plex library, then just install the app on my Apple TV. In the middle of the process right now, but damn I wish there was a way to automate this process. It's very manual.