Any of you ever put on your own wrestling show, or thought about the mathematics behind it?

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How much could it cost to throw a show when you factor in the ring rental, venue, talent, doctor, some form of insurance, etc.? I figure that you'd hope to at least break even for the first 1-2 shows and then scale up.

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
Thought about it, sure :manny:

Boy if you don’t think I’ma be working on nabbing as many local sponsors as possible :mjlol:

Have some of the most lower level guys on some ticket seeking shyt a la local bands opening up for a big headliner. Pay For Play ain’t dead

It’s called Opportunity :wow:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
As a business minded marsupial, it sounds so easy on paper, but mathematically the shyt won't last unless you have a security blanket, willing to take a lost of profit for quite some time, or make it a one night affair:

• You got to deal with longggg paperwork (licensing, etc)
  • Finding wrestlers that will actually play ball with the idea (maybe some up and coming brehs willing to do it for a hot dog and a snickers bar)
  • Got to find a surplus for plunder, a wrestling ring, seats, and etc
  • Got to work on a permit to either perform in a parking lot (unless you got a big ass backyard with spacing), or a venue that won't tax your ass out of town
  • Find the ability to host the show on a platform, thus more money coming out on cameras and etc
  • Advertisement out of the ass (I mean you want to fill those seats)
  • Make sure you meet payola or try to convince the boys "its good for the business" (becoming a scumbag promoter)

Just buy Wrestling Empire, WWE 2K23, or EWF because yeahhhhh :francis:

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
As a business minded marsupial, it sounds so easy on paper, but mathematically the shyt won't last unless you have a security blanket, willing to take a lost of profit for quite some time, or make it a one night affair:

• You got to deal with longggg paperwork (licensing, etc)
  • Finding wrestlers that will actually play ball with the idea (maybe some up and coming brehs willing to do it for a hot dog and a snickers bar)
  • Got to find a surplus for plunder, a wrestling ring, seats, and etc
  • Got to work on a permit to either perform in a parking lot (unless you got a big ass backyard with spacing), or a venue that won't tax your ass out of town
  • Find the ability to host the show on a platform, thus more money coming out on cameras and etc
  • Advertisement out of the ass (I mean you want to fill those seats)
  • Make sure you meet payola or try to convince the boys "its good for the business" (becoming a scumbag promoter)

Just buy Wrestling Empire, WWE 2K23, or EWF because yeahhhhh :francis:

107175174-1673020522545-gettyimages-90071413-58170697.jpeg

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
There is no shortage of indy wrestlers whether locally or otherwise so depending on the level of popularity youre going for with the wrestlers that might not cost too much... but it's the expenses around that when it comes to putting the actual show together that's gonna be costly

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
Yeah dude around my way hit the lottery years ago and started promoting shows he was selling DVDs on highspots and had a local TV deal on our NBC affiliate. He even had gargano before he got on. But he quit running because expenses and he was selling out shows in a few cities too.

The Rainmaker

Mr. Money in the Bank
Daps
Hot dogs = $100
Handshakes = $2 (A bar of soap to clean yourself after)

Easy.

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
It can get expensive if you want to have name talent. I know a pretty well known local booker in NY and he told me that its cheaper for him to run 10,000 on an autograph session for a current WWE (when they still were allowed to do those) or legend than it was to do his shows. And he used to make his money back easier as well. This was around the time he booked AJ Styles who at that point was $750 a show plus travel (early TNA days)