Any of yall wear long ass hair - like 18" plus

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
i'm tall and have a big head and still can't seem to get 18"+ weaves/wigs to work for me, so i'm wondering how so many others make this work?

i just cut like 3" from my hair in an attempt to help it all grow out evenly. i'm looking into wigs as a protective style - don't like the lack of access/flexibility of weaves nor the tension. i'm watching all these chicks on youtube and unless it's a bob or pixie/bowl cut, i can't seem to find people good vids/inspiration for medium length hair (10-14 inches).

the chicks definitely make these long wigs look good in videos, but that shyt feels/looks so obviously fake on me/to me in person. just wondering if any of you do the super long lengths (especially paired with the big curly hair). are yall making this look "natural" in some way? if so, how? or is that not even the goal, you just rock the length (volume) with no fukks given?

Daps
i think the secret to big curly hair is to have it cut to frame your face.

long straight hair is possible but i think it usually the texture that messes it up for people. having long ultra silky hair does not look realistic or nice. a blown straight /kinky straight texture looks better

i have had 18inch hair but i brought it that long so i could curl it and still have length. i also had a long straight wig that was cute but the hair was too much-it kept getting tangled on my purse straps and jackets.

Yo Mama

...the sweeter the juice.
Daps
Reppin
Your dreams
Work with your face shape rathwr than your hight and head size for a good hairstyle.

Look up people with a face shape similar to yours.

And yes super long weaves no matter how well instaled or expensive will always look fake coz be it human hair or synthetic the texture will always look fake.

Sassy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Speaking of face shape and hair....

Does anyone know what works for chubby faces/ double chins when it comes to hair? Any advise?