Any of yall into crafts?

LimitedEdition

Misanthropy Personified
Daps
Reppin
In the south!
Like real deal any kind of crafts? Painting, drawing, crocheting, knitting, jewelry making, etc.

I do the most random shyt like blinging out my asthma inhaler. What kinda shyt yall doing?

Black Cher

All Star
Daps
I crochet, sew, paint and do pottery. I'm trying to get back into pottery actually cuz I haven't done it in years, there's a pottery co-op close by my house so I think I'll check it out this Summer. Hopefully I didn't forget everything I learned lol.

Black Cher

All Star
Daps
Yep. Beeswax candles are a bit more expensive to make, because beeswax is generally more expensive than other waxes (paraffin, soy, parasoy blend, etc.).

What's the process like, do you just melt it down and add a wick or is it more complex? Do you add scents to yours?

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
What's the process like, do you just melt it down and add a wick or is it more complex? Do you add scents to yours?
It depends. Sometimes I make pure beeswax candles (they have a light honey scent on their own), sometimes I'll blend it with another wax, sometimes I'll blend it with cocoa or shea butter to make a massage candle. The wick you need will depend on 1) wax used, 2) fragrance used and 3) size of candle. Some scents don't wick as well as others, while some have better cold/hot throw in one wax vs. another. If you make a large candle but don't use the appropriate wick size/number, you will get tunneling (wick will burn straight down the center, leaving majority of the wax unmelted). If you add your scent to the wax at the wrong temperature (either too hot or too cold), you will burn off most of the scent or it won't full integrate with the wax.

There are lots of things to consider when making candles.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I make all kinda stuff. I made a hamper for my bathroom a while ago.

1LqMOeF.jpg

Closed

S5glkjH.jpg

Open

WXAxmDC.jpg

Phone holder for in-shower viewing.

d7Ot8rP.jpg

I was watching all these ppl making shyt out of cardboard, so I tested it out with the flowerpot. Came out great. (The flowers on the front were made out of clay and a silicon mold.) I ran out of rope at the top of the hamper, so I had to do that stick thing, but hey, we do what we can. :yeshrug:

I'm working on a desk now, also cardboard. (Christmas and anniversary left me with plenty of big boxes, plus I like to recycle. :ld:) Seems pretty sturdy though. :lupe:

edit: This is the only one I fw on cardboard. This lady be doing her thing.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I garden. It's time to transfer my seeds to pots now.
I'd love to get something popping in my kitchen window sill, but it gets no light. :sadbron:

Plus, I'd want it to be herbs or some kinda food stuffs or something. If I'm doing all that work, I better be able to eat it.

Black Cher

All Star
Daps
I've been learning how to do embroidery. This was my first attempt at a herringbone ladder stitch that I did on my beret. It turned out pretty well, next time I'm going to try to get my stitches the same length so it will look more professional
1pawsy.jpg