Any of yall brehs know **** about the Coast Guard?

dr. pill biden

All Star
Daps
I'm thinking bout gettin down wit da get down for the next 4 years. I don't give a damn if it's not "real" military :childplease: I wanna breathe some fresh air and and rescue rafts fulla :dj2: migos lost at sea and confiscate keys off the coast of Colombia :violent:

Let a brehette know what it's like :popcorn:

Daps
Reppin
respect, usa
:laugh: aye what chu know about the merchant marines though, its hard to get info on how to get on wit them

It's more of an apprenticeship deal. Anyways like I said in the army thread. Cats need to stop looking at the military as a job when it is a lifestyle. You treat it as refilling the slurpee machine at 7 eleven and you will have a hard time. Most of the guys looking to "chill" for 4 years need to just join the Marines and nip that shh in the butt before it carries over into other aspects of their life.

Which I'm sure it already has. :smugfavre:

dr. pill biden

All Star
Daps
Goddamn puddle pirates. Why don't you look into cross-dressing and the merchant marines.

:sitdown: If I wanted to crossdress I'd join the Army with the rest of these dyke hoes!!!

I don't wanna join to chill, I already finished school, I already got money in the bank, I don't have no dependents, I just wanna do it :manny:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I'm thinking bout gettin down wit da get down for the next 4 years. I don't give a damn if it's not "real" military
I wanna breathe some fresh air and and rescue rafts fulla migos lost at sea and confiscate keys off the coast of Colombia :violent:

Let a brehette know what it's like
I know some people in the Coast Guard. As for being "real" military, depending on what you specialize in, you can go into combat training where you are using a gun or shooting a cannon. And in reality, you can be in the Army and be doing non-combat/"killing people "stuff for years, like fixing vehicles, providing medical services, working in intelligence, military police work or building bridges and roads.
All the "Coasties" I've known were proud to have served in the CG.
I don't know if you have a choice to work at a base in the Southeast, which it sounds like you want to work.

VICVALLIN

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Goddamn puddle pirates. Why don't you look into cross-dressing and the merchant marines.

:umad: haters gon' haters i guess. nikkas salty as hell that the coast guard makes the same money they make with a better quality of life in a more laid back enviroment, more freedom in picking your next unit, and nobody is shooting at you or trying to blow you up with IED's. everyone i've ever met who lateralled from another branch to the coast guard has giving me those reasons for joining, except for the whole shooting part. that's my own personal reason why i joined.

back to addressing the OP, the coast guard just like any other branch is what you make it. unlike other branches, the coast guard is ridiculously small so nobody specializes in just one thing. people are called upon to fulfill a variety of missions, giving you more career options when you get out. as a woman, who is also an ethnic minority, your chances of getting in are pretty high, depending on how you perform on the asvab. the coast guard is all about diversity in the workforce these days. if you already have a degree i would suggest officer candidate school or direct commission.

VICVALLIN

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:laugh: aye what chu know about the merchant marines though, its hard to get info on how to get on wit them

the merchant marine academy is something people do if they want to be a shipboard pilot, tugboat, or towboat captain. i'm not sure how intense the academy is, but shipboard pilot offices are like secret societies, real good ol' boy type shyt. the only way to get a job with those guys is to be related to a someone who is already a pilot. not many people go from the merchant marine academy to active duty. i've only met one person that did it and he went direct commision to become an officer.

dr. pill biden

All Star
Daps
:umad: haters gon' haters i guess. nikkas salty as hell that the coast guard makes the same money they make with a better quality of life in a more laid back enviroment, more freedom in picking your next unit, and nobody is shooting at you or trying to blow you up with IED's. everyone i've ever met who lateralled from another branch to the coast guard has giving me those reasons for joining, except for the whole shooting part. that's my own personal reason why i joined.

back to addressing the OP, the coast guard just like any other branch is what you make it. unlike other branches, the coast guard is ridiculously small so nobody specializes in just one thing. people are called upon to fulfill a variety of missions, giving you more career options when you get out. as a woman, who is also an ethnic minority, your chances of getting in are pretty high, depending on how you perform on the asvab. the coast guard is all about diversity in the workforce these days. if you already have a degree i would suggest officer candidate school or direct commission.
:ohhh:
That's what I'm looking for, I wanna do a variety of different shyt for a little while...I got a degree and a 33/36 on my ACT (which is what they said can be used in lieu of the ASVAB)...but I dunno. What's the difference between an officer and an enlisted in the CG? Does the variety in missions still apply? Cuz I know in all the other services officers ain't doing shyt....I don't think my degree makes me a leader, but at the same time I don't wanna be shytted on as a low life lil E-3 nikka :yeshrug:

Commander in Chiefin

Passing blunts and bills $$$
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Green Party
My cousin was/is ? in the coast guard. You train in Cape May, NJ. Then they ship you wherever in the country. He was stationed in Alaska and then again about an hour north of San Fran. Said it was boring as fukk cause all he did was sit around and watch radars.

VICVALLIN

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ohhh:
That's what I'm looking for, I wanna do a variety of different shyt for a little while...I got a degree and a 33/36 on my ACT (which is what they said can be used in lieu of the ASVAB)...but I dunno. What's the difference between an officer and an enlisted in the CG? Does the variety in missions still apply? Cuz I know in all the other services officers ain't doing shyt....I don't think my degree makes me a leader, but at the same time I don't wanna be shytted on as a low life lil E-3 nikka :yeshrug:

officers don't do shyt in any branch, except the air force because only officers can be pilots. the military is set up for enlisteds to do all the grunt work and for officers to take all the glory for, "supervising a successful mission". if you go enlisted, you will be shyt on. there's no way around it. just suck it up and advance as fast as you can. honestly, if you're trying to only do a 4 year stint for the life and work experience, you will get more out of being enlisted. if you want to do 20 years and retire, put that degree to use and go commissioned.