Any of ya'll been to Georgetown, Guyana?

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
We're most definitely Afro-Guyanese

My grandad had double digit kids, but he only brought like half of them to the US(including my mom when my mom was 15)

He passed 2 years ago and we had his funeral in damn near the center of Caribbean BK

I still have a ton of family in Guyana that I've never met

I'm tryna do that as soon as I can

Yea in my situation my dads side is completely wiped out in Haiti and I think my mom side too since she only had one brother and a mother (both died)

So I think I only have 1 person on the island. Honestly when I visit Haiti for the first time I think imma just explore that shyt on my own.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Lotta this seems to be indian food, Guyanese and Trini brehs what african descended food yall got?

Also do yall got Maroons or is that just Suriname?:patrice:

Just like Trinidad, the British had African slaves and then later when those slaves were set free, they brought indentured servants from India.
And you wonder why I'm hard on Maduro supporters :sas2:

Told you...the migration situation is serious there :whoo:

@88m3 @dtownreppin214

The Prime Minister of T&T said his country won't be a refugee camp for the UN. I believe all of CARICOM which T&T and Guyana are part of still recognizes Maduro as President.

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
:patrice:
First time here. Anything ya'll think a breh should see or place to eat? I'm here for work purposes.

So many oil executives and workers here. The hype is real here.

I'm fasting since its Ramadan and the time to break is 2 hours earlier than DC.

:jbhmm:

jonestown-today-170403-tease_3cb66c021255114a354fa5ab4fd0b42a.jpg

:yeshrug::francis:
2abd89affafb5ed2d9d91a3f94820038--keratin-complex-cognitive-behavioral-therapy.jpg

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Just like Trinidad, the British had African slaves and then later when those slaves were set free, they brought indentured servants from India.

The Prime Minister of T&T said his country won't be a refugee camp for the UN. I believe all of CARICOM which T&T and Guyana are part of still recognizes Maduro as President.

The Indian poster doesn’t see that the Venezuela situation and migration will only get worst if the USA keeps pushing this fake president

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
I was there in 2017. the curry is the GOAT, god damn, nothing like it down here :wow: its just different

place was litty

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
Go to a spot called White Castle. To this day it is the best fish and chips I've ever had in my life.

Get Chinese food. It really is the best you'll have.

blqbird

I've been thuggin through my rainy days...
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Don't sleep with any of the women tbh. According to my mom's husband, AIDS is very rampant down there. :picard:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I hear good things about the Chinese food. Every guyanese person you talk to and they tell you Guyana has the best Chinese food.

Guyanese Chinese food is GOAT

If you are in Brooklyn or Queens go check out out Chef Quang Guyanese Chinese on Atlantic Ave.

3360 Atlantic Ave on the Boarder line of Brooklyn and Queens (East New York to be exact).

Another Guyanese Chinese food that is great is Kaieteur restaurant on Liberty Ave near Jamaica Ave (Queens).

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Guyanese Chinese food is GOAT

If you are in Brooklyn or Queens go check out out Chef Quang Guyanese Chinese on Atlantic Ave.

3360 Atlantic Ave on the Boarder line of Brooklyn and Queens (East New York to be exact).

Another Guyanese Chinese food that is great is Kaieteur restaurant on Liberty Ave near Jamaica Ave (Queens).
I've been to kaiteur and I felt like it was a step down from regular take out. I didn't see the difference either like their fried rice seemed to have more soy sauce flavor and some cabbage on top. Maybe they add some casreep but it was pretty terrible. Also it was so much more expensive than just regular Chinese food like wtf. They also had curry and Indian food but those sucked too. I liked the 80s vibe though like they haven't renovated since they opened. Their hot sauce was good but I got a jar of it at home that taste the same.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I've been to kaiteur and I felt like it was a step down from regular take out. I didn't see the difference either like their fried rice seemed to have more soy sauce flavor and some cabbage on top. Maybe they add some casreep but it was pretty terrible. Also it was so much more expensive than just regular Chinese food like wtf. They also had curry and Indian food but those sucked too. I liked the 80s vibe though like they haven't renovated since they opened. Their hot sauce was good but I got a jar of it at home that taste the same.

Been there once and I enjoyed their fried rich and bbq chicken.

But chef Quang to me is better and I’ve been there several times.

Don’t go often cause I don’t live anywhere near the area.

Their fried rich and General Tso chicken is perfect.

Unlike Chinese take out their General Tso chicken isn’t sweet. Let’s me know it’s the real deal.