Any of my Chicago/Indiana brehs been affected by the gas recall?

Colilluminati

TAMRON HALL STAN
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MiddleWest
A 50,000-barrel batch of contaminated fuel from a BP refinery in Northwest Indiana has fouled countless cars in as many as four states since last week.

Roughly 2.1 million gallons of gasoline have been recalled by BP's Whiting refinery after hundreds of reports of hard-starting and stalling vehicles from motorists flooded Northwest Indiana repair shops the past few days.

While the problem is centered in Lake County, Ind., BP executives said the fuel has made its way across state lines into Illinois and Wisconsin, with unconfirmed reports that stations in southwest Michigan may also be affected.

BP issued a statement Tuesday, saying the gasoline was blended at its Whiting storage terminal between Aug. 13 and 17 and contained a "higher than normal level of polymeric residue." The fuel was distributed at BP stations and other retailers in the last week and primarily involves regular-grade gas.

Mechanics say the contaminated gas has a sludge-like consistency, which clogs the fuel system. BP is investigating how the contamination occurred.

Affected motorists are instructed to call BP's customer hotline at 800-333-3991, but customers have reported difficulty getting through to a representative. Gas claims may also be filed at bpconsum@bp.com.

The company also has set up a website to answer questions at bpresponse.com.
Napleton River Oaks Kia in Calumet City reported about 40 calls from customers related to the fuel contamination from customers who had crossed into Indiana to buy gas. About 20 customers brought their cars in for service, which ran about $400, including a car rental, a manager said.

:mindblown:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...as-20120822_1_bp-stations-bp-refinery-bad-gas

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:beli:

Got gas on 127th from a BP Monday night.

Got up this morning, went to the car, and engine wouldn't turn over. It does it off and on.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nah i never keep that shyt either, i dont kno anyone who does. but imagine if you threw 20 bucks in the whip^no record like that dude said :sadbron:

Threw 52 in my shyt. Filled it up :noah:

Just got off the phone, filed my claim

Sometimes the shyt doesn't turn over, shakes hard as shyt then i have to turn it off.

Start it up again and it works

Just glad this wasn't something serious with my car