Any nagging injuries you have as a result of working out?

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
I got 2 that I'll have to go to doc and get looked at one of these days.

Left rotator cuff....fukked it up few years ago....I feel the inflammation after every workout when I use it...doesn't stop me from lifting heavy and putting in work but I always feel it for a few days afterwards..

Pretty sure it's not a tear - I have no weakness in strength but it's definitely an issue and not like my right shoulder.

Lower back.

Messed it up 4-5 years ago due to poor form swinging a kettlebell.....always gotta be careful when I squat or kettlebell swing.

One time, I was jump roping and landed in way that the impact hit my lower back and I was done for the week smh.

I definitely gotta get my lower back checked.

eastsideTT

Superstar
Daps
same issues as you OP except its my right rotator, id assume from benching and bad form/posture, and my lower back problems have been chronic and been dealing with them all my life, long before i started lifting

. ive had two pretty major surgeries. i still lift and am in good shape, live healthy. i had one spine surgeon told me at 30 years old i should never lift again ("try the recumbant bike" he said). it was a conspiracy bc dude was :flabbynsick: and prob wanted to see me the same way.

anyway i lift, but i cant go heavy at all on compound stuff , and i have hamstring and balance issues due to my lower body compensating for my bad back. i couldnt put weight on my left leg due to sciatica for like a year, so i have a huge imbalance and periminant nerve damage in my left leg. dudes at the gym look at me like :childplease: when i feel like im beasting deadlifting 95 lbs bc it is a huge deal for me. but fukk it, my numbers are my numbers. this year i am trying to work on more balance and core stuff. never took time off the gym even after surgery i was back doing what i could do like 15 days after...but i did have to take over a year off of squatting or any bending motions. working my way back up now. if i could squat 135 again ever in my life ill be happy. next step if god forbid i ever have serious back problems again is a spinal fusion at at least 4 sites. so i gotta be careful. im thinking of trying to just run GH as a supplement , just for repair, but pharma grade is so damn expensive. id be like a car payment if i got a kit every month

BroolStories

All Star
Daps
Left shoulder always bytching at me.

For some reason my left knee has also started bytching at me even though I haven't even done anything that would irritate it.

Daps
same issues as you OP except its my right rotator, id assume from benching and bad form/posture, and my lower back problems have been chronic and been dealing with them all my life, long before i started lifting

. ive had two pretty major surgeries. i still lift and am in good shape, live healthy. i had one spine surgeon told me at 30 years old i should never lift again ("try the recumbant bike" he said). it was a conspiracy bc dude was :flabbynsick: and prob wanted to see me the same way.

anyway i lift, but i cant go heavy at all on compound stuff , and i have hamstring and balance issues due to my lower body compensating for my bad back. i couldnt put weight on my left leg due to sciatica for like a year, so i have a huge imbalance and periminant nerve damage in my left leg. dudes at the gym look at me like :childplease: when i feel like im beasting deadlifting 95 lbs bc it is a huge deal for me. but fukk it, my numbers are my numbers. this year i am trying to work on more balance and core stuff. never took time off the gym even after surgery i was back doing what i could do like 15 days after...but i did have to take over a year off of squatting or any bending motions. working my way back up now. if i could squat 135 again ever in my life ill be happy. next step if god forbid i ever have serious back problems again is a spinal fusion at at least 4 sites. so i gotta be careful. im thinking of trying to just run GH as a supplement , just for repair, but pharma grade is so damn expensive. id be like a car payment if i got a kit every month

why did you need surgery on your back, breh? :lupe:

eastsideTT

Superstar
Daps
why did you need surgery on your back, breh? :lupe:

4 herniated discs, 2 were severly hitting nerves (the sciatic nerve was the worst), and narrowing of the spinal canal. all of the discs have been degenerating over time too so less water content, more bone on bone feeling. after i had one herniate it was like a ripple effect, other levels of the spine were overcompensating for the fukked up one, until those got bad. my posture has always been bad too but its a chicken or the egg thing...not sure if my posture caused back probs or vice versa. everyone in my family has had at least one back surgery so i think genetics are at play too

semtex

:)
Daps
Left side of my lower back is pretty stiff and irritable. It's been forever since it's hurt but it's still stiff. I think it's because of tight hammies or that I used to go crazy with the sit-ups every morning back in high school

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Had a lower back strain last year. It's not problematic now but I'm still wary of that area
I think some cartilage is gone from my left knee its not bone on bone as far as I know. Had this for years.
I think I have some nerve damage in my left pinky. It's constantly numb.

☃ ೋ

Superstar
Daps
Inflamed patella tendon on my right knee whenever I do leg day now, caused from doing stupid ass hamstring extentions.

Be careful if you're doing hamstring extentions, slow controlled extension, slow controlled negatives, and don't go overboard with the weight. Hell, don't do them at all if you can help it, other work outs that are just as good/better.

With that being said, I usually don't notice it because I'm always wearing knee wraps now; so unless I'm going really heavy for leg day I'm straight