Any lawn experts here? Need help

Boogie

Big Homie
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Basically I need help cleaning up along a chain link fence. I probably should’ve done this when it was cold since it was bare but yeah it’s looking crazy now. But I’ll trim this shyt so it looks somewhat decent and it’ll just grow back. I want it gone for good

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
You don’t hold the weed whacker sideways and line the edges of your fence before you use your mower to work the rest of the lawn?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Basically I need help cleaning up along a chain link fence. I probably should’ve done this when it was cold since it was bare but yeah it’s looking crazy now. But I’ll trim this shyt so it looks somewhat decent and it’ll just grow back. I want it gone for good

Get some rigid plastic edging to run flush along the bottom of the fence. Weed wack the side facing your lawn.....and spray round up/or another kills-all herbicide on the other side

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Get a string trimmer or some shears and cut all that overgrowth down so you can see what you’re working with.

Dig up the roots with a garden fork or spade. Just trimming the tops won’t cut it – you gotta get those roots out.

Spray a glyphosate-based herbicide on any remaining plants. Follow the directions, do it on a calm, dry day, and make sure it doesn’t drift to plants you wanna keep. This stuff kills everything it touches.

Lay down some landscape fabric or plastic edging along the fence line and cover it with mulch. This stops new growth from popping up.

Regularly check the area and kill any new growth ASAP. A quick herbicide spray on small patches will keep things in check.

If you don’t like chemicals, you can pour boiling water or use a vinegar solution (mix vinegar with salt and dish soap) to kill plants. These might need more frequent applications but work well too.