Any graphic designers on here?

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
I have a job in Marketing but I'm also interested in doing graphic design on the side now that I see so many folks be coming into my place just wanting a logo.

I downloaded Gimp because I heard it's basically a free version of Photoshop but I was wondering if anyone with real experience in graphic design could tell me if this is true and the best way to learn this stuff as a beginner?

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
I have a job in Marketing but I'm also interested in doing graphic design on the side now that I see so many folks be coming into my place just wanting a logo.

I downloaded Gimp because I heard it's basically a free version of Photoshop but I was wondering if anyone with real experience in graphic design could tell me if this is true and the best way to learn this stuff as a beginner?
It is breh, it's UI is a bit ugly. Just use YouTube.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive

Photoshop, gimp, and illustrator are easy use, but designing a good logo is hard.

Designing Brand Identity