Any certified personal trainers in here?

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
out of all the dudes on this site, surprised no one is a trainer...gotta be at least one

I'm planning to get a cert in September, probably NASM

Daps
I just watched Mike Rashid's latest video and in it he says how he went from making 3k a month working as a personal trainer for Golds Gym to more than 15k a month doing it by himself. shyt has me really considering getting certified lol

bigillwill06

All Star
Daps
You currently train people?
I was I'm looking for a good personal training studio right now. Most big gyms will take all your money. Best advice I have is to find a good studio or gym that only asks for 25%. I know cats at LA fitness and lifetime out her scruggling while the gym is making $30 an hour off there clients...the most annoying thing about the ace certification is the continuing education classes u need to keep the certification up every year. That shyts annoying af...best advice I have is to become a certified dietician as well so u can add diet advice and set up meal plans. U can TAX muffucas for meal plans and meal prep nowadays but as a personal trainer u can't even talk about diet because it is not within your scope of practice.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
I was I'm looking for a good personal training studio right now. Most big gyms will take all your money. Best advice I have is to find a good studio or gym that only asks for 25%. I know cats at LA fitness and lifetime out her scruggling while the gym is making $30 an hour off there clients...the most annoying thing about the ace certification is the continuing education classes u need to keep the certification up every year. That shyts annoying af...best advice I have is to become a certified dietician as well so u can add diet advice and set up meal plans. U can TAX muffucas for meal plans and meal prep nowadays but as a personal trainer u can't even talk about diet because it is not within your scope of practice.
Yeah my goal would be to get a job at a higher end gym in a wealthy part of the city. I'm not working in my area lol.

I can't talk about diet/nutrition at a gym with clients? Or just not put them on a meal plan but give them "diet advice" ? And how long it's gonna take me to become a certified dietitian mane? :francis: already got a 4-year degree

bigillwill06

All Star
Daps
Yeah my goal would be to get a job at a higher end gym in a wealthy part of the city. I'm not working in my area lol.

I can't talk about diet/nutrition at a gym with clients? Or just not put them on a meal plan but give them "diet advice" ? And how long it's gonna take me to become a certified dietitian mane? :francis: already got a 4-year degree
no you always have to stay within your scope of practice. I mean its not like someone's going to b over your shoulder but scope of practice is the first thing they teach you when going for the ace trainer cert. As a trainer if a client asks you medical advice you would refer them to a physician. If someone asks diet advice you would refer them to a dietician. If someone asks a dietician training advice they would refer them to you and on goes the cycle. I think the diet stuff is a bachelors and than a certification which is why I dont have it. Its too much school for me personally. You could still sell meal plans but you would have to be careful with how you word things....VERY careful

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
no you always have to stay within your scope of practice. I mean its not like someone's going to b over your shoulder but scope of practice is the first thing they teach you when going for the ace trainer cert. As a trainer if a client asks you medical advice you would refer them to a physician. If someone asks diet advice you would refer them to a dietician. If someone asks a dietician training advice they would refer them to you and on goes the cycle. I think the diet stuff is a bachelors and than a certification which is why I dont have it. Its too much school for me personally. You could still sell meal plans but you would have to be careful with how you word things....VERY careful
Yeah cuz I see a lot of cats selling meal plans online and I know they didn't go to school lol....they are just CPTs.....good looks on the info man