Any brehs speak french?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I hate that the very detailed and juicy sources on West African and North African history is in French.

I know what the video is about, I`m just trying to see if anything was discovered by the "Jewish" cats. I remember my cousin telling me about how Geneticist interviewed my Grandfather back in the day, and I have "Jewish" Family members by marriage and in Israel they know the real deal about us but keep it on the low.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I know what the video is about, I`m just trying to see if anything was discovered by the "Jewish" cats. I remember my cousin telling me about how Geneticist interviewed my Grandfather back in the day, and I have "Jewish" Family members by marriage and in Israel they know the real deal about us but keep it on the low.
:lupe:

I keep hearing these stories about Jews in West Africa. Before I just sidelined them but they are sounding more interesting. I keep hearing Ghana and Mali may have had Jews. But I don't know about that.

Now Igbo Jews I really doubt.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

I keep hearing these stories about Jews in West Africa. Before I just sidelined them but they are sounding more interesting. I keep hearing Ghana and Mali may have had Jews. But I don't know about that.

Yeah. The people telling me this stuff have no reason to make this kind of stuff up and don't really speak on it unless asked. Because much of this knowledge is passed orally sometimes it is difficult to find consistent information.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
I hate that the very detailed and juicy sources on West African and North African history is in French.

:umad:

OP not gonna lie not sure when I'll have 45 min to watch this but I'll try to have a look at it this weekend. PM me sometime next week to remind if you see I haven't answered yet, but tbh got a lot of stuff I have to read these days

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I got proof from looking through the slave archives that the indigenous names of enslaved Africans were Jewish names. Before they got on the ship.

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
So this documentary is pretty much about trying to find the Lost Tribes of Israel and to my understanding there are a group of people that live in the mountains in Cote D'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) and may be possible descendants from the Tribe of Dan?

That's what I got out of it but I'm only a couple minutes in.

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
10 minutes in they start talking about King Solomon and the Queen of Sheba and their child Menelik I. Pretty much explaining how certain tribes migrated to different parts of Africa.

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
The guy 15 minutes in is saying that some scholars say that the Ethiopian Jews are descendants of the Tribe of Dan but he says that the Ethiopian Jews say they are descendants of the Tribe of Judah. He says that there was no written history but the story has been passed down from generation to generation. So there are a lot of theories on their origin but nothing concrete. The lady speaking before him was saying that some of the African Jews may have converted to Judaism from Christianity.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
The guy 15 minutes in is saying that some scholars say that the Ethiopian Jews are descendants of the Tribe of Dan but he says that the Ethiopian Jews say they are descendants of the Tribe of Judah. He says that there was no written history but the story has been passed down from generation to generation. So there are a lot of theories on their origin but nothing concrete. The lady speaking before him was saying that some of the African Jews may have converted to Judaism from Christianity.

I take this stuff with a grain of salt because the white people in this doc arent even real Jews, and these types always try to tie Jews in Africa only existing in Ethiopia. I think the discovery of NUmerous African tribes being the real "Jews" would go against the narrative of the Europeans who practice Judaism.

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
I take this stuff with a grain of salt because the white people in this doc arent even real Jews, and these types always try to tie Jews in Africa only existing in Ethiopia. I think the discovery of NUmerous African tribes being the real "Jews" would go against the narrative of the Europeans who practice Judaism.
I agree.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
So this documentary is pretty much about trying to find the Lost Tribes of Israel and to my understanding there are a group of people that live in the mountains in Cote D'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) and may be possible descendants from the Tribe of Dan?

That's what I got out of it but I'm only a couple minutes in.

You speak french too frangin? Where you from if you don't mind me asking?

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)

Have you heard of the Lemba Jews of southern Africa? They ACTUALLY carry special haplotype associated with the Jews! People and geneticist are still trying to figure out how it got there!:ohmy: