Any brehs in here live in Hayward Califoirnia or been there?

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
is it just me but are black men basically cut off from the local economy over there. I was in hayward recently and the amount of homeless black men or black men making money donating plasma was mind boggling. Saw a lot of upward mobile black women though :ohhh:. In fact, I saw more upwardly mobile black women than latina or white women:manny:. I was in downtown Hayward

Gunz&Butta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Yeah, been there. Black people, especially men, need a parallel economy because the traditional economy can't/won't absorb us for various reasons.
Standard is so low that it doesn't take much to stand out as a Black man in the bay. :francis:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
maybe it's just happened recently

i literally went to HS there

alot of my relatives are there

doesn't seem any different from other cities with 150, 000+ people an a decent amount of black folks

Hayward doesn't have any black hoods or black middleclass suburbs. the bart from coliseum in oakland to downtown hayward is only 2 or 3 stations away so you get alot transplants or just struggling black folks coming from San Leandro via mission

stellarstella

Makes me wonder how I keep from going under
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Jungle - Marin City
maybe it's just happened recently

i literally went to HS there

alot of my relatives are there

doesn't seem any different from other cities with 150, 000+ people an a decent amount of black folks

Hayward doesn't have any black hoods or black middleclass suburbs. the bart from coliseum in oakland to downtown hayward is only 2 or 3 stations away so you get alot transplants or just struggling black folks coming from San Leandro via mission

Which HS? I went to Mt Eden…. :ohhh:

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
Never heard of Hayward.

But we as Black men, gotta make sure we have at least 2 skillsets that we can use to make money. People ain’t gonna hire us to just do random shyt that they can get a woman to do.

We also gotta make sure we keep our mental health in check. A lot of people out there are or have been on drugs, and that fvcked up their life to the point they couldn’t stay employed or have a place to stay.