Any Brehs have a tip to increase bench press? (Long arms)

Daps
Reppin
US of A
Been lifting for two years now but while my Squat, Deadlift and, OHP have increased my bench has been at a snails pace. My arms are really long for my body too. Any tips?

Daps
Been lifting for two years now but while my Squat, Deadlift and, OHP have increased my bench has been at a snails pace. My arms are really long for my body too. Any tips?

How much is it now? Do your elbows go outward or straight down when you bring the weight to your chest? And what auxiliary exercises are you doing for upper body such as flys/military press/incline bench?

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
The_Computer nailed it. You want to develop your muscle groups evenly. Biceps and triceps, hamstrings and quads, chest and back. Back exercises can include things like t-bar row, cable row, barbell row, dumbbell row, pull-ups.
Also, change up your chest workout routine every week, as in one week do a heavy day/low reps, the next week, do a light day/high rep, and another week, do a medium weight, medium reps, and another week. You can do the same exercises each week, but work it with different rep/weight counts.

Daps
Reppin
US of A
How much is it now? Do your elbows go outward or straight down when you bring the weight to your chest? And what auxiliary exercises are you doing for upper body such as flys/military press/incline bench?
It's at 185 right now it hasn't increased for the last 6 months. My elbows go outward. I do military press, power clean and snatch. Also some barbell rows from time to time.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
In order what worked for me(plateaued years ago at 165, last time i did 1RM was for 255. I weigh between 155-160 depending on the day)

1. A spotter

2. weighted dips and pushup variations

3. pyramid style sets

Daps
It's at 185 right now it hasn't increased for the last 6 months. My elbows go outward. I do military press, power clean and snatch. Also some barbell rows from time to time.

Try pulling your elbows in when you bring down the bar to your chest, and keep your legs rooted to maximize power.

Supplement with other chest exercises on the same day like incline bench (this one is VERY underrated cuz it works the upper part of the chest and without it, there's a chance only the lower chest gets developed n it'll look like titties :skip:) and flys, and doing triceps exercises on another day like close grip bench (gripping the bar with your hands as close to where the tip of your thumbs touch each other), dips, and other things like that to work the indivdual muscles.

Some cycles, you should break off and do dumbbell bench to work on control and form.

And most importantly, stay motivated and concentrated during the whole lift :thumbsup:

Daps
Reppin
US of A
Try pulling your elbows in when you bring down the bar to your chest, and keep your legs rooted to maximize power.

Supplement with other chest exercises on the same day like incline bench (this one is VERY underrated cuz it works the upper part of the chest and without it, there's a chance only the lower chest gets developed n it'll look like titties :skip:) and flys, and doing triceps exercises on another day like close grip bench (gripping the bar with your hands as close to where the tip of your thumbs touch each other), dips, and other things like that to work the indivdual muscles.

Some cycles, you should break off and do dumbbell bench to work on control and form.

And most importantly, stay motivated and concentrated during the whole lift :thumbsup:
Thanks fam