Any advice on a router/Wi fi mesh system? For the low

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I been seeing prices like $300 for some of the systems but considering a cheap router by itself is like $50

It seems like I could find a setup maybe by combining a cheap router with a cheap wi fi mesh system.

But obviously I don't really know where to begin.

Any you Brehs have an affordable set up?

thesandman

Peace.
Daps
Reppin
Zion
I been seeing prices like $300 for some of the systems but considering a cheap router by itself is like $50

It seems like I could find a setup maybe by combining a cheap router with a cheap wi fi mesh system.

But obviously I don't really know where to begin.

Any you Brehs have an affordable set up?
don't do it the cheap way. It'll be trash. Trust me.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
I bought the Google wifi (2) and it's been legit so far. Much better than the powerline crap I've been doing

thesandman

Peace.
Daps
Reppin
Zion
I bought the Google wifi (2) and it's been legit so far. Much better than the powerline crap I've been doing
Yeah the powerline adapters are hit or miss. By any chance we you plugging it up to a power strip?

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
don't do it the cheap way. It'll be trash. Trust me.
Heed this man’s advice. If there is one thing you want done right, it’s your WiFi setup. Bum ass internet that can’t handle all the connections you can throw at it :childplease:

I just switched from two Night hawk routers in ap mode to the Netgear Orbi 3300. (The routers were cool but I was having problems with my printers staying connected and my Sonos were all screwed up.) No problems so far.

Typical Knicks Fan

F-ing Knicks.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York
I tried the Luma mesh system, TP Link WiFi extender, a AC 1900 router and the Google WiFi 3 pack. Google WiFi is by far the best. No problems and the app is great. I would buy one Google WiFi and see if that works in your home. If you need to add some on because of dead spots I would consider returning it and getting the 3 pack. I don't know how big your house is but mine is 4000 sqft and I have one on each floor. I can get away with only using two because the range on them are that good.