Antoine Fuqua is set to direct a Michael Jackson biopic for Lionsgate. (Update: Nephew Jafar Jackson cast to play MJ)

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I think they should leave this one alone. Who’s really going to play Mike and do it justice? Fuqua a decent director but outside of Training Day and the first Equalizer, I don’t really like his films. I think Spike would’ve been a better choice but we’ll see how it plays out.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

I think they should leave this one alone. Who’s really going to play Mike and do it justice? Fuqua a decent director but outside of Training Day and the first Equalizer, I don’t really like his films. I think Spike would’ve been a better choice but we’ll see how it plays out.

MJ was a larger than life personality.
Only way you could make a passable biopic would be 20+ years after he passed away. Then there would be an entire generation who could view it with fresh eyes. The rest of us, who experienced MJ's reign in real time won't accept the film.

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
MJ was a larger than life personality.
Only way you could make a passable biopic would be 20+ years after he passed away. Then there would be an entire generation who could view it with fresh eyes. The rest of us, who experienced MJ's reign in real time won't accept the film.

Exactly this… just way too soon and the movie gonna be trash before they shoot the first scene

UnQuantized

Superstar
Daps
MJ needs a limited series to cover everything but he deserves to be on the big screen at the same time:patrice:His early years in Gary, Indiana growing into the Jackson Five, relationship with his Father and older brothers could be really cinematic. I imagine the first hour of the film being something like that Denzel Washington Film from a few years ago 'Fences'.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Exactly this… just way too soon and the movie gonna be trash before they shoot the first scene
If I got the budget, I would do a left field biopic. Would cover the period of his life that is rarely talked about. The period between Off The Wall and Thriller. From star to mega star.
The changes in his life as a young man, the change in music landscape, physical changes, birth of MTV, etc