Another Remote Unpopular Opinion! -- Morgan Freeman is not the GOAT voice actor

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All over the internet, it seems Morgan Freeman's name immediately pops up as the best narrator of television and movies.
And while I do agree that Morgan Freeman has a fantastic voice and lovely delivery, I'd argue he's not quite the best.

So who is, in my humble opinion?

The answer is Keith David.

Who? you might ask. The English dude with the corny songs?
No. Jackass. That's Craig David.

Keith David is a classically trained actor with a long list of classic performances.

communityIcon_mxz3fmextgy41.png

To borrow from IMDB's profile of him:

His work in narration has earned him three Emmys for Ken Burns' "Jackie Robinson", "The War", and "Unforgivable Blackness - The Rise and Fall of Jack Johnson". Some of his other voice acting credits include countless fan favorites such as "Adventure Time", "Bojack Horseman," "Rick & Morty", "Spawn", and "Gargoyles". Keith has lent his voice to many video game titles. Recently he portrayed the character "Spawn" in the reboot of the "Mortal Kombat" video game. Other appearances include the "Halo" series (games 2, 3, and 5), the "Saint's Row" series (games 1, 2, and 4), as well as the "Mass Effect" series (games 1,2, and 3).

He also was the narrator on Ken Burns' 4 part documentary on Muhammad Ali.

For my money, this man is the GOAT.

He also delivered one of movie history's greatest lines in Requiem for a Dream, but that's besides the point.
:skip:

(Honorable Mention goes to Liev Schreiber because he's the voice of HBO Sports' Hard Knocks, and the old 24/7 shows for HBO Boxing)

:hubie: