Another preview says Forza>>>>>>>>>>Driveclub

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
http://www.digitallydownloaded.net/2013/10/vroom-vroom-hands-on-with-forza-5-xbox.html?m=1

Forza 5 feels like a next generation game. It has created a new standard. It will be a difficult one to match - and it makes Sony's Drive Club look like child's play. It will highlight all the advantages of upgrading to a next generation console. Games like this will sell Xbox One consoles. The new era has begun.:blessed:

http://www.digitallydownloaded.net/2013/10/preview-drive-club-playstation-4.html?m=1

As a showcase for the PlayStation 4's power, it's hard to really use Drive Club as as a highlight for why people might want to upgrade, either. The graphical precision that we see in other PlayStation 4 titles, from Infamous to Blast 'Em Bunnies, just doesn't exist here. Everything looks OK when zipping along at speed, but slowing down to admire the scenery reveals scenery that is a little messy... it's almost as though the developers through it incomprehensible that people would ever want to slow down when playing this game. The cars don't look quite as exciting as I would have hoped for, either, and in motion they were certainly less impressive than what we've seen in the promos.(downgrade confirmed:mjpls:)

:banderas:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
What the hell is Digitally Download???!!!!! It's not looking good for xbots when you have to use strugglelinks to make your points. Why are we even comparing Forza and Driveclub? They're not the same kind of racer anyways.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Eurogamer said the same thing

:uFurious:

:snoop: Driveclub isn't even Sony's premiere racing game, while Forza is Microsoft's premiere racing game. Driveclub doesn't have as big a budget as Forza 5. It'd be more fair to compare Forza 5 to Gran Turismo 6 and to compare Driveclub to Forza Horizion.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Not sure what the point of this thread is. Everyone knows Forza is the best racing franchise out there for years now.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
would it be better if someone from neogaf posted it?:lolbron:

From his favorite site

I'm not a graphics guy so don't expect me to get into technical shyt. However, IMO, FM5 looks bleeding fantastic man!
I mean, I played FM5 first before anything else, then went to GT6 straight after. Man o man, GT6 looks so freaking outdated in comparison it's not funny. I swear, FM5 Laguna Seca might look like a higher res FM4 version at first but it just isn't. The effects, the resolution, the crowds, birds,helicopters,dust,windshield reflections, paint,lighting,textures..etc of FM5 makes FM4 look like shyt, seriously.
I really love the paint effects. It needs to be seen in person to be appreciated.
The sun effects really add to the overall look and isn't as blinding as I thought it would be. I actually enjoy it.
There are some jaggies present though.

Sound. Finally, I got to hear FM5 with some headphones and it sounded amazing!
The reverb has been drastically enhanced. Screaming down pit straight was an experience as noise bounced off everything. Orgasmic!
The exhaust notes are fukking A1. The overall vehicle effects seem somewhat pegged back a little which is a good thing. More in line with reality.
Cockpit filters have also been enhanced. Again, much more in line with reality.
Driveline flex adds so much to the gear changes now. The oscillation between engine and box now sounds more natural. Turbo spool is also so much better.
There are some "whooshing" effects as you pass objects. It sounds great without being overbearing.
Overall, the sound, at least of what I've heard, is a massive improvement over FM4. Everything sounds so clear, uncompressed. Man o man, I can't wait to hear more especially the modified vehicles.

Now, there were no wheels available, only the gamepad which is not how I normally play. Having said that, holy shyt at the gamepad!
I know this sounds strange but the Xbox One controller feels like a wheel in your hands. The triggers are amazing. The pad just feels so precise in everything. Hats off to MS!
Anyway, I tried all cars in the game with all assists off and simulation handling.
I have to say, the handling and overall feel is so fukking good!
The cars all feel so weighty compared to FM4. It actually feels like I'm controlling a car and not a toy. Using a controller in FM4 felt so easy. FM5 feels completely different. It's harder, much harder in expert settings. You really have to be on your toes when driving a high powered rear wheel vehicle. Tank slappers fukking galore!
I love that grip loss doesn't mean I'm on ice all of a sudden. In FM5, grip comes and goes as you slide around a corner. The tyres and wheels fight hard.. You can feel them bouncing and vibrating like crazy. That is one big difference I've noticed between the two games. It feels amazing..
I also love that tyre flex is so pronounced as the limits of grip are reached. It looks incredible actually.
The cars behave as you would expect. Actually, the phenomenons of understeer and oversteer are accentuated even further in FM5 as opposed to FM4. It feels so much more focused and direct in comparison.
Again, you need to be very precise with your input. You must brake earlier. You must feather the throttle out of corners. You can't drive like you did in FM4, that's all i'm saying.
I can go on and on about how the physics feel but I'm on my way out to watch RUSH.

I wish I could have played it with a wheel to garner a bit more feedback on the physics though. There's only so much you can feel with a controller even though the controller with Forza is an experience in and of itself.
Overall, I was very impressed with the game. More than I thought I would. It feels so different to previous games whilst still being familiar. It certainly has an air of next gen about it. I don't think I can go back to anything current gen after my time with the game(3hrs).
I'm hyped again....

:banderas:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I wish Gt6 was on Ps4
I know bruh. Maybe you'll get a proper racer by 2016

Not sure what the point of this thread is. Everyone knows Forza is the best racing franchise out there for years now.
Because people on this site like to deny that fact. I'm just here to set the record straight :obama:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I know bruh. Maybe you'll get a proper racer by 2016

Because people on this site like to deny that fact. I'm just here to set the record straight :obama:

nikka, I don't even really care about racing games and I don't believe nikkas on this forum do either. Y'all just use it for console wars.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
nikka, I don't even really care about racing games and I don't believe nikkas on this forum do either. Y'all just use it for console wars.

Then why the hell were you the first to reply to this thread?

I do care about racing games and I thought it important to combat some of the fud being spread about Forza on this site. :ufdup: