Another Netflix International Hit after Dark? La Mante Official Thread.

Sin Simma

Rich Rollin
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
Paris, present days. Police faces with a psychopath whose murders are inspired by Jeanne Deber, known as The Mantis , a famous serial killer who terrorized the country 20 years ago. Believing it takes one to know one, the Police asks Jeanne Deber to help hunt the copycat. Placed in solitary confinement since her arrest, "The Mantis" agrees at one condition : to deal only with detective Damien Carrot, who happens to be her son and who has broken ties with her mother a long time ago - Damien has no choice. A serial killer is on the loose and could strike anytime, anywhere in Paris.

Critics have been raving about this series, calling it the female “The Silence of the Lambs.” It’s French Language, so better to watch with original voice and subtitles like Dark. I’m hearing it’s super gory, so beware.

Think I’m going to watch this before Altered Carbon. A female Hannibal? Hmm.

Last edited:

Sin Simma

Rich Rollin
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
Yeah it dropped since December 29th. Netflix will soon drop an official trailer, due to its popularity. It almost went under the radar, still kinda is. I’ve seen it get mentioned with Luther.

Last edited:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watched the first episode. Not sure if it is good or just a cut price Silence of the Lambs.

Sin Simma

Rich Rollin
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
Can't really recommend the show unless you love serial killer stuff. It's kind of generic.

I’m with you. Comparing it at all with Silence of the Lambs/Hannibal is the greatest disrespect towards the latter. This is a case of watching a show in its entirety before creating a thread.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
It's an OK show with a few surprises. I don't regret watching it.