Another F35 just crashed, this one at ABQ airport. It’s a shyt bird.

UWasntThere

Superstar
Daps
The biggest failure in the history of military aviation. The F-35 is such a joke

chiefdogg

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember when they were testing out the opsrey and them bytches were crashing all the time.
Same, I was at the Marines at the time. They asked a couple of us did we want to go for a flight and we said hell no. Next Day we found out that it crashed and a couple of Marines died.

Last edited:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
WASHINGTON — Congressional auditors revealed today the total price tag for the Lockheed Martin F-35, the world's most expensive weapons program, has topped $2 trillion — surpassing a previous estimate of $1.7 trillion.

:wow:

F-35 is actually a monster though because it basically makes other jets better in the area rather than being the aerial sniper that the F-22 is.

Last edited:

jay83

Superstar
Daps
I thought the f-22 was superior and didn’t need an upgrade after.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
F-35 is dope because of it can give other planes Beyond Visual Range capability.

F-35 runs out of ammo it can use every other planes' and ground-based missile launchers' as it's ammunition.

It can lock onto targets for other fighter jets and weapons systems near the area. When the other plane shoots the missile, the opposing target thinks it's coming from the F-35.

For example, an F-15 needs to get eyes on a target in order for it to lock on, but an F-35 can lock onto a target it can't see and tell the F-15 to shoot the missile.

It's basically a force multiplier in the air. Overall better machine than the F-22.

Once the F-22's missiles are gone, it basically doesn't do much else and doesn't have the utility the F-35 got.

People like to shyt on it because they love the F-22, but the F-35 is the superior plane for warfare.

The thing that the F-22 does best is Beyond Visual Range combat, it's not supposed to be a Top Gun-style dog fighter jet, it wants to get you out of there before you can see it. It was basically an air sniper. Vector Thrust actually isn't as effective as people think in a dog fight within visual, range because you make too slow of a turn. Opposing countries shared notes about it during shared briefings. Basically, it wants to stay out of sight and know you down before you see it. That's what it does best and what the F-35 does better.

So if an F-22 and F-35 went head-to-head in a true war situation, same pilot and conditions, the Raptor would actually be outmatched unless it somehow got close enough for it to engage in an old-school dog fight.

There was a report published by the Heritage Foundation (No.3406 specifically) that contained a section collecting the opinions of 51 pilots of their aircraft maneuverability during dogfight situations in combat configuration. The pilots were all F-35 pilots, but had experiences in the previous 4th Gen aircraft they flew.

The results.

Basically, the F-35 is more on par with the BFM maneuverability of other 4th Gen aircraft, with its own strength and weaknesses depending on the compared aircraft. Not noted in the graphics but an extra in the bottom was that F-22 pilots gave the F-35 all around “4” scores, while giving the F-22 “5”.

But in page 7, chart 2, you ask the pilots which plane they would rather prefer, all would choose the F-35 for BVR purposes, and a good major majority would take the F-35 in all other scenarios as well, even short range combat.
Raptor is basically a "toy" at this point that pop culture thinks is cooler, but fighter pilots and engineers know the F-35 is the better plane except in 1970's-style dog fighting that hasn't mattered in a long time. Even then, the F-35 doesn't require the pilot to point the front of the plane at it in order to lock-on because of it's fancy helmet and will get Raptor tallies at that range.

Last edited:

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Same, I was at the Marines at the time. They asked a couple of us did we want to go for a flight and we said hell no. Next Day we found out that it crashed and a couple of Marines died.
I used to see them training down in SD all of the time. Those things don't look like they should be able to fly.

Never got to see them in plane mode or whatever the fukk you call it. It was always hovering up and down the coast line with the occasional rope drop but don't think I ever saw anyone go up or down.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
F-22 is superior in 90% of cases. But that's the problem. It was so advanced and ahead of it's time they thought they didn't need anymore. So they destroyed all of the tooling and shut down the plants. And they went all in on the F35 which has decent dog fighting capabilities but is really supposed to be more versatile as it can carry more payload.

They are starting to regret that shyt now.

Every 6th generation air superiority rumor that drops is them reducing the scope down. It was supposed to be 100% unmanned (remote control and/or automated). Then it was pilot optional. And now unmanned is in doubt altogether and instead it's going to be pilot would have a fleet of smaller drone fighter jets he and his plane had control over. And last I heard that was in question.