Ankle sprains

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
Any way to quickly recover from them? Or is it just an ice and rest and wait thing? Just sprained mine but I can't really afford to miss much work.

Hightop

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I recently had a grade 2 sprain, first time I had done it. Didn't walk on it much for the first few days just rest ice compress and elevate for the first 48 hours. After about 5 days I was walking around pretty freely but up and down stairs was real uncomfortable. With daily stretching and keeping it moving after 4 weeks I could run again on a treadmill but not on uneven ground but the ankle was still sore to touch. Its now 3 months later and I am about 95% and it is not sore to touch. I got an ankle wrap that helped with walking in the first two weeks. Still worked throughout just kept my foot up for the first week.

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
I work as a mover, I spend six hours a day going up and down stairs. :sadcam:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
had a Grade 2 sprain back in 2010 after rolling it playing some basketball. shyt swell up like crazy and my foot was turn inward. i couldnt straighten it out. it eventually healed but the Doc said that ankle will never be the same. rolled the same damn ankle about 3 months ago. :dry:

malc

WSGT$
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
just don't risk it and come back early. I had a grade two sprain from basketball and I tried coming back and I tore two ligaments in it and now my ankle is never gonna be the same and I aint even out of high school yet :shaq2:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I recently fukked my shyt up balling. Went up for a block and came down on someone’s foot. I knew it wasn’t a regular roll because it tightened up immediately. After it happened I had to walk to my car, which was a bytch. Had to step up and down to go over things. My dumbass continued to walk on it when I got home. The first 12 hours were a bytch.

I don’t have any pain when I’m resting, but if I try moving it a certain direction I feel it, or if I put weight on it. Feel so useless because I gotta move around in a Rollie chair and mom has to help me out with things. Poor woman already has her hands full with my grandma. Her right hand man is down. :to:

Going to urgent care today to get it checked. shyt is bruised nasty and the swelling has me fearing the worse. :sadcam:

I hope it isn’t fractured or has any serious ligament damage. I’m done balling for a year or so. I love bball too. :mjcry:

Last edited: