Animated Black Panther MCU Series Reportedly Being Developed

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps
Black-Panther-Wakanda-Forever-Disney-Time.jpg

"A Disney+ spin-off series of the hit Marvel Studios franchise Black Panther has been rumored for some time, but according to recent reports, a different show could be in the works.

During the latest episode of The Hot Mic podcast, Above the Line’s Jeff Sneider shared a rumor that Ryan Coogler and Disney had met about developing a series, but one that would actually be animated, and not a live-action project like so many fans thought.

Sneider said the series could be titled The Golden City, a reference to the fictional city of Birnin Zana, which is the capital city of the Kingdom of Wakanda.

Sneider didn’t mention much else about the show, nor did he say whether or not this would be replacing the previously rumored series that would focus on the Dora Milaje. Prior to the news of an animated series, rumors suggested that a series starring Danai Gurira was in the works, with the actress playing coy during a January appearance on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.

“Stephen,” Gurira said. “I have been told that I can gently allude to this possibility. So, I am gently alluding. Just gently.”

Animated Black Panther MCU Series Reportedly Being Developed

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Disney did a Black Panther cartoon "recently".

I couldn't get into it. If you think the writing is bad in the movies....

I don't know if MCU/Disney is capable of putting in the time and attention like a flagship anime anymore (if ever...).
They target children (5-11) range, and they just want to sell toys.

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
Disney did a Black Panther cartoon "recently".

I couldn't get into it. If you think the writing is bad in the movies....

I don't know if MCU/Disney is capable of putting in the time and attention like a flagship anime anymore (if ever...).
They target children (5-11) range, and they just want to sell toys.

Yeah I dont believe Disney is willing to spend big money on animated shows that will rival the quality of anime. Sadly A lot of americans view 2-D animation as a medium mostly for kids and toys and Disney wont spend that money on something only kids will watch if they can get a live action show that a family will potentially watch.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
i liked the bet black panther series they did with djimon honsou back in the day.
cartoons these days are marketed to 4 year olds which is why they are mostly trash now. they used to make cartoons for preteens which grown ups could at least enjoy a little.

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Meh.

Just throw the BET version on Disney+ and fukk off :hmm:

This.

And it seems like they're going to have it revolve around side characters like the Dora-Milaje because why would you center a Wakanda series on T'Challa?

That would be ridiculous :francis:

Because it's not like he's the main character or anything.

Ryze

All Star
Bushed
Daps
If they were to animate it, what art style would you brehs like for it to be in? Post your reference, whether show or picture

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
If they were to animate it, what art style would you brehs like for it to be in? Post your reference, whether show or picture

Obviously Otomo level

For me the art style is like lowest on the list of things. I'd gladly accept a Batman The Animated Series level of animation.

Far, far, below what I accept with anime.

Batman-the-Animated-Series-Mister-Freeze.jpg

What's important will always be the stories/the writing.

Disney, and big budget Hollywood, does not seem to like stories that have endings. If something ends, they cannot make any money from it. And so a big problem with all Hollywood properties - tv, film, animation - is that there are not that many consequences. The hero and the villains need to live. The side characters can die.

IMO, without consequences, without growth, without passage of time, then there are no stakes, and then the audience can't feel for the character.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
T’Challa will be in it just not the one you want :mjlol:
Fn6O1ixXkAYo-3X.jpg:large
I can see dude lumbering in there like Lavar ball "wakanda forever" :mjgrin: :umad:

Honestly that could be a dope conflict if done right. They'd have mixed feelings because on the one hand, the continuity is there and some will be relieved but on the other hand there would be people who don't believe he's who he says he is. It sets up an arc where he has to show that he's committed to living up to his potential. It mirrors how audiences reacted. You've built in the means to get and keep people invested.

Arcane (league of legends adaptation) has set the standard in animated series. If they hire the same artists and directors it would capture the feel of a comic more accurately than previous attempts.