Andrade (Remember Him?) Speaks On AEW's Roster Split

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
In an interview with Please Steal Our Ideas (via Fightful), Andrade el Idolo spoke in favor of an AEW roster split, as he said Collision should have a separate roster and its own titles. The show was rumored to be part of a soft roster split, featuring wrestlers that won’t be on Dynamite and vice versa. However that hasn’t been confirmed. Collision debuts Saturday on TNT from the United Center in Chicago.

He said: “I don’t know yet, but I hope [the shows will be] separate. I hope [they] make a new title. Maybe separate the brands like it’s another company. I hope that Dynamite, the roster, and the talent — Collision, this new brand for AEW, I wish [for the shows to be] separate. I don’t know yet. I wish. I hope so, too because this is a new brand. We need new goals. If we have different titles, it’s good because you can compete for the title. I think it’s good. I love the idea because this is more opportunities for the roster, more storylines for the titles. I think maybe in the future, or maybe soon, [new titles] is a good idea. I hope the office or the writers [will hear this]. Yeah, 100%. We need a new title.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Word on the street is that Tony Khan has a warehouse full of wrestling belts (remember the Owen Hart titles) just collecting dust. I guess Andrade is thinking of a way to put some of them in use.
I remember when TK said the Owen Hart tournament would start at Forbidden Door this year. Wonder when he is going to announce matches for that tournament.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I remember when TK said the Owen Hart tournament would start at Forbidden Door this year. Wonder when he is going to announce matches for that tournament.
A Pakistani will host a tounament to commemorate a Canadian during a Japanese ppv. To top it off, this was originally a thread about a Mexican.
Tony Khan has turned wrestling into Inception.

Last edited:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Andrade is someone who is miserable everywhere he goes & it's everyone else's fault.

He was miserable in AAA, so he goes to NXT/WWE. He was flopping in NXT and wanted to be released until Zelina Vega saved his career. Got called up to the main roster, had some mild success, and then was miserable and asked for his release. He comes to AEW and is miserable.

Maybe it's not everyone else's fault breh :heh: