And There were Young Warriors against a King's Legacy...OFFICIAL CAVS VS. WARRIORS NBA FINALS Thread

Cavs or Warriors

• Cavs in 4

Votes: 10 2.6%
  • Cavs in 5

Votes: 12 3.1%
  • Cavs in 6

Votes: 133 34.7%
  • Cavs in 7

Votes: 23 6.0%
  • Warriors in 4

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • Warriors in 5

Votes: 44 11.5%
  • Warriors in 6

Votes: 116 30.3%
  • Warriors in 7

Votes: 37 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
I've wondered if they shouldn't just give Steph whatever he wants and see what happens. Hope you can keep pace while he tires out, maybe he's less effective in the 4th and the other guys are cold.:yeshrug:

its their only chance..who cares if dude drops 45-50..if you limit iggy, barnes and green..you're in great shape..i know its easier said than done..but they gotta try a new strategy..cause gs exposed their shiit.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Cavs don't wanna go that route. You don't purposely get yourself in the penalty early. Livingston doesn't have to space the floor, all he has to do is run point for the wings to come off screens.

Drastic times call for desperate measures. Being in the penalty isn't the worst thing in the world against a team like GS because they're not elite at getting to the line and Cleveland's offense has a better shot with Iggy off the floor.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Drastic times call for desperate measures. Being in the penalty isn't the worst thing in the world against a team like GS because they're not elite at getting to the line and Cleveland's offense has a better shot with Iggy off the floor.
I hope they get desperate. I want this as easy as possible.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
well offense is obviously the problem..since they are crippled as fukk without their number 2 & 3.

but still...the last 2 games the warriors have had their way, ESPECIALLY the 4th quarter.

i still think the cavs are gonna blow em out in game 6..but they are not winning a game 7 there.

But you brought up defense as if they haven't contained the Warriors on that end. The Warriors have had their way in every 4th qtr, in large part due to the effort the Cavs are giving on D during the first 3 qtrs with a shortened bench. They are in far greater need of a Battier or Miller 6 or 7 three type performance from somebody else than they are defensive help.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
If I was one of those guys I would be all like, "Love and Kyrie out and you still want it "easier"?":patrice::aicmon:

but I'm not gonna do that.:troll:
Absolutely, a kill is a kill regardless if the prey is injured right? Does the Lion care if the Water Buffalo has 2 broken limbs?

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've wondered if they shouldn't just give Steph whatever he wants and see what happens. Hope you can keep pace while he tires out, maybe he's less effective in the 4th and the other guys are cold.:yeshrug:

Allowing Steph to go off is perhaps the worst strategy CLE could take

He will bury them and the Warriors will win in a rout (they probably will anyways)

Roadie pipeher

From the embers
Daps
:obama: I agree, gstate doesn't get to the line a ton, so its not a terrible strategy, it almost worked save for them not corralling their defensive rebounds :scust:

Teko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Johanesburg; Coral Way (FL)
Brehs do you think starting the Hack-A-Iggy strategy in the 1st quarter would work for the Cavs? Stop the Warriors getting momentum and try build an early lead? They always collapse in the 4th quarter so it may be best to try and get a big lead before then.
After watching the games 1-5 back to back at different angles, i certainly think that the Cavs need to do this close to the end of Q3. Thats when they start getting tired and the lack of a deep rotation starts to bite. Before then, the games have been very competitive. I generally dont like seeing this strategy but given that the Warriors tried it on Thompson in game 2, the Cavs might as well just let it crack in crunchtime and either take Iggy and Green out of the game or make them score from the line which they cant do. Its certainly better than having to respond to every Curry or Thompson 3 because Delly is too drained to provide good coverage at this stage. It will allow the game to slow down a lot and make for horrible TV but fukk it can work

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
538.gif

Told nikkas this game was Curry's mvp moment:mjlol:

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
After watching the games 1-5 back to back at different angles, i certainly think that the Cavs need to do this close to the end of Q3. Thats when they start getting tired and the lack of a deep rotation starts to bite. Before then, the games have been very competitive. I generally dont like seeing this strategy but given that the Warriors tried it on Thompson in game 2, the Cavs might as well just let it crack in crunchtime and either take Iggy and Green out of the game or make them score from the line which they cant do. Its certainly better than having to respond to every Curry or Thompson 3 because Delly is too drained to provide good coverage at this stage. It will allow the game to slow down a lot and make for horrible TV but fukk it can work

I mean damn, they only use a 7 man rotation. Perk, Marion, Harris, Miller...these guys arent doing shyt except being cheerleaders and mean-mugging. Why not use them to hack Iggy or Green

Theyre ranked 12th in FTs so not elite by any means. I cant believe it took Blatt so long to incorporae it :what: