Ampere Analysis forecasts the next-gen Switch for late 2024, doesn't expect Switch Pro

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
What happens to gaming in 2022? Analysts offer their predictions

2022 Predictions

● Consoles flat, no Switch Pro

I'm currently expecting the console market year-on-year performance to be quite flat in 2022 as Switch sales decline and we come off what has been an amazing couple of years for console gaming. Even so, Nintendo Switch family of devices will once again be the best-selling consoles in 2022 at around 21 million sold to consumers, aided by the release of Switch OLED. I'm not expecting a Switch Pro in 2022. We have a next-gen Nintendo console in our forecasts for late 2024, so I'm not convinced a 'Pro' model is going to appear at all.

PS5 will outsell Xbox Series X|S on a global basis. The predicted combined sales to gamers are around 28 million. PS5 and Xbox Series X will remain supply constrained, but I expect availability to improve slowly over the year and to be in a better place as we arrive at the holiday season.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
It’s annoying but expected. Switch is just handheld exclusive till then.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Crazy how people mock Nintendo Switch, but honestly, sales of these high powered consoles from PS/X Box in Japan are at the bottom. High end graphics doesn't motivate a lot of the world like that anymore.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Crazy how people mock Nintendo Switch, but honestly, sales of these high powered consoles from PS/X Box in Japan are at the bottom. High end graphics doesn't motivate a lot of the world like that anymore.

I dont want nintendo to be a ps5 or series x i want it to be better than a ps3 pro. I really am looking forward to BOTW 2 but i just know its gonna be framey

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I dont want nintendo to be a ps5 or series x i want it to be better than a ps3 pro

Paying $500+ dollars to be a graphics whore with super expensive games that already bankrupted many 3rd party companies, just to look at some shiny character models, at the cost of the entire Japanese market, is something to inspire to, right? :skip:

Why play that game, and lose Japan?

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Just get a Steam Deck and emulate Switch games if you want the Pro. Nintendo is clearly trying to shoot for the PS2 lifetime sales with the Switch.:manny:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Paying $500+ dollars to be a graphics whore with super expensive games that already bankrupted many 3rd party companies, just to look at some shiny character models, at the cost of the entire Japanese market, is something to inspire to, right? :skip:

Why play that game, and lose Japan?

It’s more so about performance. I shouldnt have long ass loading screens and frames dropping into the teens on a game like Metroid Dread. Before it was only 3rd party games that were getting really bad performance now its 1st party games

The switch is two generations behind at this point it just don’t feel like it because current gen systems are still doing cross-gen. But next year its gonna be nuts playing switch docked