Amazon replaced 100k ppl with 750k robots 👀

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
A robot is not costing 100k

And the employees you're speaking of are not making anywhere near 60k. Manual labor is here to stay for a while

They'll replace you with Mexicans before they replace you with robots
Economies of scale
The R&D is spent

The manufacturing is the easy part. I’m sure that a robot can be manufactured to cost the price of a Tesla. It comes down to software anyways. Don’t get it twisted

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Biden short circuiting, Trump setting up the dictatorship, Robots replacing humans..its finally over for this country as currently constructed...bout time I say..the weak will perish..the strong will survive
What state you in

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m siding with the robots :yeshrug:

The Animatrix turns 20 this weekend Entertainment | ResetEra

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Economies of scale
The R&D is spent

The manufacturing is the easy part. I’m sure that a robot can be manufactured to cost the price of a Tesla. It comes down to software anyways. Don’t get it twisted
Im sure it can too at some point. But right now it's not. And it won't be for a long time

That's the problem with the robot/AI fear mongering. It's all based on what ifs and worst case scenarios about shyt that's nowhere close to applicable

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
My company works directly with Amazon. I've been in Amazon centers. I actually interviewed to be an Area Manager for Amazon.

I can't confirm the amount they spent or how many they bought, but they absolutely have hybrid human/robot warehouses. And they definitely don't cost a million a piece. Depending on the type of robot they are anywhere from $5,000 to $30,000 a piece and have anywhere from a 3 to 15 year lifespan, with a 3-5 year ROI. They come in all shapes, sizes, tasks, and duration they can perform.

I know the costs, because I'm intertwined in my companies warehouse operations and I've personally talked to multiple robot manufacturers and seen the bids.

Let's not speak on feelings and emotions.

Think it's a game if you want.

Last edited:

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
My company works directly with Amazon. I've been in Amazon centers. I actually interviewed to be an Area Manager for Amazon.

I can't confirm the amount they spent or how many they bought, but they absolutely have hybrid human/robot warehouses. And they definitely don't cost a million a piece. Depending on the type of robot they are anywhere from $5,000 to $30,000 a piece and have anywhere from a 3 to 15 year lifespan, with a 3-5 year ROI. They come in all shapes, sizes, tasks, and duration they can perform.

I know the costs, because I'm intertwined in my companies warehouse operations and I've personally talked to multiple robot manufacturers and seen the bids.

Let's not speak on feelings and emotions.

Think it's a game if you want.
:ehh:

You definitely should’ve made this thread

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps

This is actually good news. Glad this is happening.