Amazon could be a huge threat to the gaming industry

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Only the juggernauts can get into the gaming industry now. The only reason microsoft is even still around is because they have the income to run a marathon.

Google has the right ideal, but truthfully it should be if you buy stadia you get access to new releases and most AA and AAA games to stream. Instead of trying to have people buy games and then stream them....google should just but some kinda of Volume license for new releases and allow people to stream games from devices.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
eh..they been trying to get their game on...they had firetv game versions...shyt I got the controller..even had a few shytty exclusives...they'll probably be stadia status at best if they try to do more.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
People pretend Google ain't struggling with Stadia

The technology is there (I have a premier edition and after beating RDR2 on it, I’m sold on its overall performance) but where Google is fukking up with Stadia is their lack of incentive for developers to get on the platform. If amazon can mimic the technology while getting enough devs on board, they could really do some damage

I was skeptical of the cloud shyt but after playing for myself, it’s hard not to see it as the future. Especially when you can run games like RDR2 & NBA 2K with super fast loading times and excellent graphical performance on a silent little chromecast puck. Stadia doesn’t have the huge developer backing just yet but if XCloud or Amazon comes through with the same tech and more games, it’s a wrap

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Absolutely terrible.

Didn't even bother to play a match. Started up the tutorial. Fired the weapon a few times, jumped around for a while, messed with some settings.... uninstalled. Felt like I was playing a game from 4 or 5 years ago.
Yeah it seems very lttp.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
problem with Stadia, besides the lack of games that automatically come with the service, is they are already severely limiting their market with the streaming. there's a lot of places in America that don't have the capabilities to stream games and have it be a fun experience.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Unless they plan on buying key AAA developers then nah.

Amazon’s true play is integration with twitch and games. Not just indie titles but major games where chat is interacting with your Halo campaign or exclusive twitch unlocks for viewers.