Am I weird for feeling a way about Rhea's "im your mami" shirt?

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
I grew up watching the Ruthless Aggression era and I was obsessed with everything WWE. To the point where I had all the videogames, magazines, action figures, and I did research on the Attitude Era all the way back to the Bobby Backlund Jimmy Snuka era. Even looking up AWA and shyt like that

I'm saying this to say Eddie Guerrero was one of my favorite wrestlers. The Dominik storyline back then was funny but kind of over the top. I stopped watching wrestling around like 2010. The PG era made it unwatchable for me. Plus I was in high school by this time

I'm still aware of the shyt that goes on nowadays in the company. I know how they're trying to make Roman Reigns the GOAT when this nikka has some (or had some idk how he is now) of the worst mic skills in professional wrestling history. I just don't watch the show religiously like I used to or even at all

It's cool that Dominik is in the company now and the nostalgia and everything makes for an interesting dynamic creatively. But the "I'm your Mami" shirt Rhea wears really gives me a bad taste in my mouth

It makes me feel really weird because not only is it a play off of what Eddie wore. But the whole dominant female relationship Rhea and Dominik have. It's like they're rehashing something that doesn't positively serve the legacy of one of the greatest to ever do it. And it's almost like perversion of something iconic

Like Stone Cold's What? Shirt. If he had a quiet soft spoken son that wrestled in the WWE after he passed away, and he ended up having an masculine extrovert in-ring girlfriend that said "Huh?" everytime the son opened up to speak. And she ended up having a Huh? shirt as her entrance attire

Maybe I'm just out of touch idk
:yeshrug:

Last edited: