Am I the only one who didn't like True Detective???

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
I've been dying to watch this show for years but there were always other shows and sports that took up my time. But I was finally able to watch and man oh man it was not a good show.

We watched the first episode and I was already disappointed, but I'm not the type to stop watching after 1 or 2 episodes. I thought the first episode was boring, decent acting honestly and not much interesting happened. Now I'm not the type that needs nonstop action or shootings, im very content with good acting and storylines but this wasn't it.

So I watched a few more episodes and the same, nothing interesting happening, nothing great about the acting after hearing and seeing this show win bunch of awards. Storyline still hasn't gotten intriguing, pretty slow show.

Now before ya'll say I got no taste understand that my favorite shows of all time are the wire, sopranos, GOT and breaking bad.

Am I missing something???

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Its an acquired taste.
I fukked with the first season.
Wasnt no mind blowing shyt, but it kept me engaged.
The shootout scene in them houses was what kinda shot it into "great" territory.
Its some ok shyt

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
First season was dope.

2nd season was garbage. One of those entities that was SO BAD you had to seriously question the credentials of the creator.

Like how everyone thought the Wachowski's were geniuses after the Matrix and then when Reloaded and Revolutions dropped we was like "who them sexually confused freaks plagiarized for the first one":wtf:

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
Ashas been said

Season one was great. I watched it a second time I enjoyed it so much. Season two don't bother.

DaKidFromNoWhere

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Tar Heel State
season 1 is one of the greatest seasons of television. Cary Fukunaga, Matty Ice and Woody da gawd were incredible.
Yep
Its an acquired taste.
I fukked with the first season.
Wasnt no mind blowing shyt, but it kept me engaged.
The shootout scene in them houses was what kinda shot it into "great" territory.
Its some ok shyt
That scene:whoo:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
first season was amazing, yeah it started off slow to me but the last few episodes were :banderas:

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange
After the 1st season I was wondering what they were gonna do for the 2nd. Then I realized there shouldn't have been a 2nd. :wow:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
If you didn't enjoy the acting of the first season then I don't know what to say.