Am I the only one that can't memorize the complete lyrics to any song?

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
I've never been able to memorize any song,only way im able to is with the actual song is playing in the background,i got one homie that is a walkin jukebox,he knows every lil wayne,gucci mane track,be in xbox party with him on CoD and he be rappin them all with no beat,i feel thats ALOT of wasted brain cells memorizing complete songs and shyt :shaq2:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I play albums to death. I know ever lyric from every jay album, Kanye, Drake, Lupe and a couple others.

I got homeboys like you that listen to a different album every time they hop in the car.

TopKat

scustttt
Daps
Reppin
London
nah I don't play albums to death I might know the odd few lines or the majority of one song that I've listened to a lot but other than that na

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
it probably is a waste of brain cells.

But put on the following:

Reasonable Doubt
Get Rich or Die Trying
The Infamous
Hell on Earth
Diplomatic Immunity
Watch the Throne
The Cold Vein
Creepin on ah Come Up

some others i'm forgetting and a gang of mixtapes

and I will recite every word

darius19

R.I.P. Kobe and Nip, that’s off the rip
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can do it real easy, and no its not a waste of brain cells, its not like im spending time memorizing rap lyrics instead of studying material for college exams

Emperor Sol

Knowledge and Wisdom
Daps
Reppin
CAN
I can only really know the complete lyrics to a song if I try to spit the lyrics a lot. Like I pretty much know Nas The Don lyrics by heart now because I like that song a lot.

I'm going to get tired of it soon enough though :damn:

Once I know the lyrics to a song by heart completely is when it becomes unlistenable to me :damn:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
The only albums I probably know ever single bar is
Paid in full (crazy since I wasn't even born), Thriller, Blueprint, MMLP, 7 Day theory, Watch the throne (cause it just dropped) and TM101. Interesting thing is that none of these albums are in my top 5, not even top 10. Besides Paid in full.

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
nah I don't play albums to death I might know the odd few lines or the majority of one song that I've listened to a lot but other than that na

Same with me,even with classic songs,unless the song is in the background im like "uck how does this song go again???":dwillhuh:

Hussein Fonzarelli

The Whitey Corp.
Daps
Don't sweat it

take these cue cards you should be good

Hater
Swag
Jet
Club (strip)
Rain
Louie
Gucci
Prada
Swag
Key

mix em up fake it nobody will notice

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh
It's a useless "talent", but I'm pretty good at memorizing songs word for word. Lot of that comes from listening to the song while reciting the lyrics off the computer though.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I know almost every biggie lyric ever :merchant: I can respond to almost any question with a biggie quotee.

"Watchu gettin for dinner breh?"

:youngsabo:

"A t-bone steak, cheese eggs and Welch's grape"

Burger King

Beefin
Daps
Reppin
your mother
only songs i know word for word is the ones i listened to when i was younger... songs these days are like fast food, eat em and move on