Am i on the right path?

Fatboy_

Pro
Daps
Reppin
New York
Im overweight.. obese i have man boobs and all. I just started exercising this month i have a home tredmill i workout on their for about one to one and a half hours each day, At first i was burning 300 cals a day and thats with a high incline of 7 the max it goes up to is 10. Now im only doing like 200 calorie burning a day due too my legs starting stiffing up on me but i still push myself even when i get tired or my muscles tighten up.

i dont really do much through out the day i have low activity minus the exercising on the tredmill

Ever since i started working out ive been eating very small.. here is the list of things i eat.

-wheatbread with peanut butter
-Fat free pineapple cottage cheese
-Boiled egg
-String beans, Broccoli, Grilled chicken
-Blueberries and raspberries
- Water only
-Turkey sandwhich meat fromt he deli, Wheat bread with mustard only

(i had 2 slices of pizza with stuffed crust cheese) recently and felt awful after eating it but i couldn't help it that day :mjcry: but besides that 1 day i cut out all the fatty foods im used to eating

and yeah thats about it, sometimes i even skip meals and just go straight to the tredmill, I'm not sure on my calories intake but i hardly eat nowadays and when i do eat majority of the time its not a True meal its just a little something to get me started and all i drink is water.

My questions

-Is my exercise routine good enough? Should i exercise harder/longer?
-Am i eating the correct foods? am i eating enough?
-What should i change?
-will one cheat meal per week set me back?
-What meals can i add?

i cant say i have a specific weight losss goal on how much i want to lose i just want to lose some and become a little more healthier

Last edited:

Fatboy_

Pro
Daps
Reppin
New York
i just ate a whole chicken pot pie from KFC i thought it might be somewhat healthy it has peas and carrots.. a little while after i ate it i went to check what it had and this is it

Calories: 790

Total fat: 45 g

Saturated fat: 37 g

Sodium: 1,970 mg

what should i do? have i done to much damage or can i just work it off :sadcam:

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
Diet is more important so keep track of your calories. Figure out your calorie maintenance intake with an online calculator and subtract 500-800 from that numbers. I.e. if ur maintenance calories per day is 2800 then u wanna consume 2000- 2300 calories per day. It's important to do this. Dont worry about fatty foods and what not because those dont make u fat, calories do. Dont assume either. Keep track by using my fitness pal app.

That plus exercise will have u on the right track

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
Diet is more important so keep track of your calories. Figure out your calorie maintenance intake with an online calculator and subtract 500-800 from that numbers. I.e. if ur maintenance calories per day is 2800 then u wanna consume 2000- 2300 calories per day. It's important to do this. Dont worry about fatty foods and what not because those dont make u fat, calories do. Dont assume either. Keep track by using my fitness pal app.

That plus exercise will have u on the right track
^^ diet more important than exercise but the 2 are synergistic. You can optimise the diet by watching the carbs and if not reduce then high glycemic stuff like sugar.

Cheat days are cool but work best on v low calorie diets and high exercise. Regardless the cheat can't last more than 24 hours.

Regarding exercise, you should mix it up like weights, sport , cardio if possible. Doing the same thing all the time has diminishing effects physically and mentally as you get bored.

Lastly don't bother with supplements really, apart from ephedrine n caffeine if you can get them.

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
Dont listen to the carbs part. Carbs dont make u fat nor effect weight loss only calories do. Other then that, good post.

Fatboy_

Pro
Daps
Reppin
New York
ok thanks i started working out in December i was 271 now im currently 254. i heard you only lose one pound every 3500 calories you burn but ive been doing nowhere near that i only burn 200-300 per day. So how am i losing weight so quick? is it because im fat and naturally drop pounds quicker or is it because i hardly eat anything + workout?

And can someone please explain the difference between running on the tredmill with no incline vs running with high incline are their any benefits

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
ok thanks i started working out in December i was 271 now im currently 254. i heard you only lose one pound every 3500 calories you burn but ive been doing nowhere near that i only burn 200-300 per day. So how am i losing weight so quick? is it because im fat and naturally drop pounds quicker or is it because i hardly eat anything + workout?

And can someone please explain the difference between running on the tredmill with no incline vs running with high incline are their any benefits

I mean if the speed is the same, the incline would make it tougher.

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps

Water weight goes first. Thats what your experiencing. After that youll start to lose fat and some muscle. Just make sure your protein intake is good along with macros and calories and u lift other wise your body will tap into your muscles for source of energy.
Lifting is important when cutting if u dont wanna lose muscle mass

lespaulultra3

All Star
Daps
If you can, try to be more active during the day. When I lost weight last year, I did a lot of walking. Get you a cheap pedometer or smart watch and aim to do at least 10,000 steps per day.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Stop chasing calories burned via machines. It's too inaccurate and doesn't account for a lot of variables.

Start eating "better" good protein sources, green veggies, healthy fats and limited liquid calories. That alone will be a great starting point until you want to transition to a another level of bod composition.