Alternate Versions that are better than the Theatrical Version? What are some that are worse?

Daps
What are some alternate cuts of movies that are better than the version that was put out in Theaters? What about some that are worse (or not as good)?

Better:
Spider-Man 3: Editor's Cut
Daredevil Director's Cut
Batman v Superman: Ultimate Edition (even though the movie is still trash)
Straight Outta Compton Director's Cut

Worse:
The Town
X-Men Days of Future Past: Rogue Cut
Hancock
Spider-Man 2.1
Terminator 2

are some that I came up with.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
I was just about to make this thread lol.

I enjoyed spiderman 2.1 since all they seemed to add was additional footage to the fight scenes. I've never seen the editors cut of spiderman 3 but I doubt any cut could save that dumpster fire.

The uncut version of Daredevil is dope, even with the added scenes of coolio

Terminator 2, was dope save for that awful looking ending.

The Kingdom of Heaven extended cut to me is one of the GOAT films, we were robbed of a good movie.

The Halloween curse of Michael Myers extended cut is still as horrendous as the theatrical cut.

I hated what they did to the warriors by turning it into a comic book movie by releasing that "ultimate cut". Some of these releases suffer from alternate cuts because they dont release them with the theatrical cuts as well.

The many alternate cuts of waterworld and Alexander are proof you cant shine a turd. Kevin Costner's character is still an unlikable a$$hole and Alexander is still boring yet they made it even longer.

The extended cuts of the Lord of the rings movies arent for everyone but I enjoy them. Everyone hated the battle of the five armies but the added footage of the final battle saves it for me.

Last edited:

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Much worse: Star Wars Special Editions (including the Disney+ McClunkey version) :camby:

Daps
I was just about to make this thread lol.

I enjoyed spiderman 2.1 since all they seemed to add was additional footage to the fight scenes. I've never seen the editors cut of spiderman 3 but I doubt any cut could save that dumpster fire.

The uncut version of Daredevil is dope, even with the added scenes of coolio

Terminator 2, was dope save for that awful looking ending.

The Kingdom of Heaven extended cut to me is one of the GOAT films, we were robbed of a good movie.

The Halloween curse of Michael Myers extended cut is still as horrendous as the theatrical cut.

I hated what they did to the warriors by turning it into a comic book movie by releasing that "ultimate cut". Some of these releases suffer from alternate cuts because they dont release them with the theatrical cuts as well.

The many alternate cuts of waterworld and Alexander are proof you cant shine a turd. Kevin Costner's character is still an unlikable a$$hole and Alexander is still boring yet they made it even longer.

The extended cuts of the Lord of the rings movies arent for everyone but I enjoy them. Everyone hated the battle of the five armies but the added footage of the final battle saves it for me.
Spider-Man 3 Editor's Cut was decent. They removed some scenes, added some deleted scenes, rearranged the order of some scenes, and it replaced some scenes. It's actually two minutes shorter than the Theatrical Version.

Spider-Man 2.1 was good but some of the stuff they changed from the Theatrical kinda bothered me like the Elevator scene and the way his boss at the Pizza Delivery Job say "Go" . I also could've done without the scene with Jameson in the Spider-Man suit.

I never saw the Terminator 2 Extended Cut with the alternate ending. I saw the one with the ending they used in the Theatrical Version.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Same, not a knock on Cameron tho. The theatrical cut is more quick and to the point.

Aliens takes a long time for any action to take place so yes cutting out the Newt parents scene and the extra Hudson scenes was smart.

Theatrical version moves a whole lot better. Only scene they could have left in was the auto machine guns that were set up to kill the aliens coming through the entry ways.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
I guess we can file the directors cut of the professional under worse, to me that version gave off pedo vibes