Alright fellas (and ladies) .. first time posting in this forum. Need help.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Im taking my lazy ass back to the gym. I gotta be honest though, its a bit intimidating. Everywhere i look, i hear about supplements that i need to take. And strict meal plans that i need to stick to etc. Obviously i know that i need to eat healthy. That wont be a problem. But i do have other issues that maybe you guys can help me out with. And some questions also.

First off, ill start off by saying that im not one of the Coli millionaires .. so i dont have the money to splurge on a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. One of my biggest fears is me starting to work out religiously, only to find out that im working out the wrong parts. Or not working out certain parts enough. Or working out the wrong way. Im assuming that people with different body types have certain routines. How do i go about finding a way to find out what routines would be best for my body type?

I feel like i had a bunch more questions, but im drawing a blank right now.

If anybody can shoot some knowledge my way, id appreciate it.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Im taking my lazy ass back to the gym. I gotta be honest though, its a bit intimidating. Everywhere i look, i hear about supplements that i need to take. And strict meal plans that i need to stick to etc. Obviously i know that i need to eat healthy. That wont be a problem. But i do have other issues that maybe you guys can help me out with. And some questions also.

First off, ill start off by saying that im not one of the Coli millionaires .. so i dont have the money to splurge on a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. One of my biggest fears is me starting to work out religiously, only to find out that im working out the wrong parts. Or not working out certain parts enough. Or working out the wrong way. Im assuming that people with different body types have certain routines. How do i go about finding a way to find out what routines would be best for my body type?

First and foremost identify an achievable actionable goal of why you are doing this. Everything else will flow from that including nutrition, training methods and supplement use.

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps

First off u need to address your diet. Contrary to what u may belive, eating healthy isnt just good enough. U can eat healthy and still gain weight. Its 2017 so im sure u have a smart phone. What u wanna do first is download my fitness pal app. It keeps tracks of your calories and macros. Calories in and out is whats gonna help u transform your body. A few years back i was in the same boat as u. Just eat relatively healthy and workout and ill be good. I saw minimal changes but nothing to get excited about. At that time i didnt know i was doing it all wrong. I started counting calroies 5 months ago and ive made more changes to my body then i ever achieved in the years i would be at the gym not counting calories.

What u want to do is calculate your maintenance caloric intake for your current weight(tons of online calculators, just google it).

Once u have that number, you want to minus 500 from it and that will be your daily calorie intake.( I.E. your maintenace calorie intake is 2400. Youre gonn wanna consume 1900 Calories a day)

This all depends on your goals though. This only works if youre trying to lose fat and cut up. If your trying to gain muscle and size then u wann add 500 calories to your intake.

Once u do this then u make sure your protein intake is on point. This depends on Your weight but ideally u wanna eat .5 to .8 grams of protein per body pound.(take your body weight and multiply it by .5 or .8)

Once u have this down, which is easy, then everything will flow in.

Last edited:

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
First off u need to address your diet. Contrary to what u may belive, eating healthy isnt just good enough. U can eat healthy and still gain weight. Its 2017 so im sure u have a smart phone. What u wanna do first is download my fitness pal app. It keeps tracks of your calories and macros. Calories in and out is whats gonna help u transform your body. A few years back i was in the same boat as u. Just eat relatively healthy and workout and ill be good. I saw minimal changes but nothing to get excited about. At that time i didnt know i was doing it all wrong. I started counting calroies 5 months ago and ive made more changes to my body then i ever achieved in the years i would be at the gym not counting calories.

What u want to do is calculate your maintenance caloric intake for your current weight(tons of online calculators, just google it).

Once u have that number, you want to minus 500 from it and that will be your daily calorie intake.( I.E. your maintenace calorie intake is 2400. Youre gonn wanna consume 1900 Calories a day)

This all depends on your goals though. This only works if youre trying to lose fat and cut up. If your trying to gain muscle and size then u wann add 500 calories to your intake.

Once u do this then u make sure your protein intake is on point. This depends on Your weight but ideally u wanna eat .5 to .8 grams of protein per body pound.(take your body weight and multiply it by .5 or .8)

Once u have this down, which is easy, then everything will flow in.

My situations kind of weird fam. In high school, I was 6'6" 165 pounds. :heh:

I'm 38 now. Still 6'6" but weigh about 220. I'm starting to get a lil gut, and I'm not having it. :birdman: I'm even starting to see some man boobs tryna form. :noah:

Anyways.. just trying to get cut up, maybe add a little bit of mass.. and lose this belly that's beginning to form.

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps

I'm 38 now. Still 6'6" but weigh about 220. I'm starting to get a lil gut, and I'm not having it. :birdman: I'm even starting to see some man boobs tryna form. :noah:

Anyways.. just trying to get cut up, maybe add a little bit of mass.. and lose this belly that's beginning to form.

Perfect. Take my approach then and cut. 70% of your results all lie within what i posted. Find your caloric intake and keep track of your protein intake and youll melt like an ice while adding some muscles due to noob gains. I went fron 22% body fat to 12% in 3 months and added some muscle and definition. Good luck and ask for any help thru here

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps

This is the calculator i used when i started out

Calculate Your Caloric Intake!

U wanna select the fat loss option breh. Youll make some muscle gains as well. Just fill in the rest and itll tell u how much calories u need to eat a day

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Perfect. Take my approach then and cut. 70% of your results all lie within what i posted. Find your caloric intake and keep track of your protein intake and youll melt like an ice while adding some muscles due to noob gains. I went fron 22% body fat to 12% in 3 months and added some muscle and definition. Good luck and ask for any help thru here

This is the calculator i used when i started out

Calculate Your Caloric Intake!

U wanna select the fat loss option breh. Youll make some muscle gains as well. Just fill in the rest and itll tell u how much calories u need to eat a day

It won't let me rep you no mo :noah:

I'm gonna do this. I kept telling myself 'I'm gonna start on Monday.. and then Monday comes along.. with no idea on how to start. That was like 30 mondays ago. And every time intell myself 'Monday' .. I got a Pepsi in my hand. Fml.

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
It won't let me rep you no mo :noah:

I'm gonna do this. I kept telling myself 'I'm gonna start on Monday.. and then Monday comes along.. with no idea on how to start. That was like 30 mondays ago. And every time intell myself 'Monday' .. I got a Pepsi in my hand. Fml.

If you cant find yourself being able to exercise at least start with the diet change. U can lose weight just dieting but unless u lift you will also lose muscle mass.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
If you cant find yourself being able to exercise at least start with the diet change. U can lose weight just dieting but unless u lift you will also lose muscle mass.

That's the worst part. I've got a gym 5 blocks from my house and I already have a membership.

I've just been lazy as hell.