Almost fell for the Okie Doke, brehs

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
:francis:signed up for LA fitness, with personal trainer contact. $210 a month, $400 down payment. That shyt was not what i signed up for. Called the dude and he
full
wasn't tripping because i was told i had 7 days to cancel.

Went back the next morning to cancel. Got more
full
and that he couldn't cancel because the person to cancel ain't there on weekends, and that i probably couldn't cancel because the 7 days only pertains to the gym membership and not the personal trainer agreement. In the meantime he set me up for a two sessions with the personal trainer. I cancelled the sessions.

Went back Monday. He wasn't there, his assistant was and was like:dwillhuh: damn he ain't cancel you? I was like naw he said somebody wasn't here to cancel and i had to wait till a weekday. She was like:patrice:.... Oh maybe he meant so and so? Should've hit me then. So she calls, he says he had an emergency and a be back later, i ask if there was somebody else that can help me and she says no, he is the top guy over everything. Should've hit me then.

I go back later and ask nikka acts like he got word from his boss on the computer, probably checking ig or some shyt, cno i can't do it, you signed a 12 month contract, the most we can do is a 50/50 buyout and that's $880.... :mjpls: but if you pay the first month and keep the membership, i can let it go, I'll say something to him." I accepted, but I should've knew then. When i wake up this morning i think of all this shyt and it hits me. I've never even looked at the fukking contract:stopitslime: :francis::martin::snoop:.

This bytch says i got 5 business days to cancel. :beli:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
They way LA Fitness pressures you into contracts is uncanny. :dead:

"Here's a low price for you only if you sign up now." gotta be their trademark. Don't let them take your info unless you're willing to sign up then and there. They'll fight you, but fukk em.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:whew: almost. I knew i had a grace period though, bytch ass chad tryna finesse me though.

fukk a la fitness. Just call your bank and do a stop payment or whatever they processed or have coming in. Next thing you know they'll be calling you, trying to meet with you.

I did a $7 free trial. With golds back in 2007. $7 for a week. A dollar a day. I went. They were hounding me.

You like it?
You coming back?
You gonna join for a month? A year?
Hey! Hi! Hello!

I didn't realize they did the auto agreement thing where they sign you up and you have to sign a slip to cancel or whatever and there was no online shyt. So on day 5 I was like "nah won't be coming back"

They ghosted.

Someone told me about the auto agreement. So I called my company. They stopped the payment. But not only did they stop the payment they gave me back the $7 which should've went to the gym. Sure enough they were calling me 5 times a day for the next month.

• Dap
Reactions: tgu

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjcry: i don't got nobody to spot me.

You better master low reps or low weight.

I didn't have anyone to spot me. I played it safe. Ended up doing 30 reps of 135, slowly added 5's and 10's, then got to a plate and a 25, then a plate and a 35, then 2 plates...fukk a spotter.

Remember you gotta master that shyt .don't move up until you can do at least, 10-15 reps, then add 5lbs on each side just to play it safe.

That adrenaline knowing you are all you got should be enough to propel you through the first 2 reps and if you struggle or get scared, just rack it.

I was literally doing 30 reps of 135 and I'd sit up afterwards like :stopitslime:

Then I added 5lb to each side and was like :jbhmm:
Took the 5's off, replaced them with 10's and was like :patrice:

Got to a plate and a 25 and was like :lupe:...

Just keep doing reps until you trust yourself. Some reps are always better than no reps. And once you can do an abundance with great form, slowly add more and by slowly 5lbs to each side, take the 5's off add 10's, then add 5's to the 10's, then two 10's, then 25, then 25 and two 5's then, 25 and two 10's, then two 45's on each side.

Don't set goals, just work until what you got ain't doing it for you and after a while you'll just move up, slowly but surely.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I've had LA Fitness memberships on three different occasions over the past ten years. They make it a bytch to cancel. One of the times, I ended up cancelling online and then sending snail mail for confirmation. Not as easy as it should be, but it worked