All in my mind...

Lady.Libra.

~balance~
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
VII
Or signs of something not too good:

You are seeing a guy who, by all accounts, is pretty awesome. So awesome that he moved his widowed Mom into his house. What a great man/son, right? Right!
(Mom is a retired, widowed, empty nester who sold her 5 bedroom house and has been living with him for 2 years.)
Invitations to visit each other at home constantly flow but there's always an extra bit of persuasion, from him, for you to come to his place...he's even offered to come pick you up from home and take you back home when you're ready to leave. (But you think to yourself that it's silly to do all of that...well, b/c he might as as well stay. So you acquiesce and go to his spot.)
Anyway, everytime you visit him, his Mom is right there too! The first time was neat to make her acquaintance as it's his Mom! She stayed the duration of your visit but you think to yourself maybe she's lonely and enjoying the conversation. However, everytime you visit now...you guessed it...she's right there too the whole visit, lol. It's not so much a problem b/c after a while she sort of fades into the background, in her big chair, until you say things like you're going to cook for him - "I cook all of his food, Honey. He don't eat much from folks!" He wants your opinion on his wardrobe and has invited you to go to the mall with him - "I got some free time this Saturday, Baby. I'll look for some dress shirts for you. What colors do you want?"
You mention that you're going to leave now because you're hungry and he tells you he wants to go too and she says - "Where are y'all going? I feel a little touch of hunger too. Wait until I get dressed."
Sometimes, he seems aware of his Mom hanging around and says let's go to my room but you decline b/c you feel...IDK...somewhat awkward because his Mom is there.
When he does come to your place, his Mom calls him and ask when will he return home (Although he has told her this before leaving his house!)? Will he pick up some bleach ? Pepsi? Perscription? Popeyes? (She's able bodied and has a SUV) Will he come get the lizard that's in the living room out?
So, after awhile, you start to wonder why he is always wanting you to come to his place? When you ask him, no matter how you phrase it, all he can say is that he's more comfortable at his house and everything is there! This guy has complimented your spot and has said how cozy/beautiful and comfortable he is when he comes through. (Scratches head)

Making a mountain out of a molehill?
Or
Is there something fu-fu going down?

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah that's strange, your competing with his mom. I haven't meet a guy like that in real life though, me and my mother are really close. Even before this flood situation when she retired and need some help I was there for a year and a half. But it was never anything like you mentioned. That's legit strange, but he seems like a good guy.....

Sounds like a mama's boy to the 100th, proceed with caution.

Lady.Libra.

~balance~
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
VII
Nah that's strange, your competing with his mom. I haven't meet a guy like that in real life though, me and my mother are really close. Even before this flood situation when she retired and need some help I was there for a year and a half. But it was never anything like you mentioned. That's legit strange, but he seems like a good guy.....

Sounds like a mama's boy to the 100th, proceed with caution.

PR,
Do you think the "I'm comfortable at home and everything is here." is strange or apart of being a Mama's Boy?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
PR,
Do you think the "I'm comfortable at home and everything is here." is strange or apart of being a Mama's Boy?
Its not strange at all to me, but I'm a huge advocate of minorities staying in the house hold and building as long as possible.

Its probably more of a being a mama's boy, some of the other things you mentioned about her sounded strange but if he's use to it, it probably seem's really normal.

Biggest thing you should watch for is how he handles responsibility and his behavior outside of his comfort zone.

Mama boys tend to be super loyal and loving , but sheltered and selfish.

From what you described it sounds like more of his mom than him being extra.

Lady.Libra.

~balance~
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
VII
Your feelings are valid.

His mom and him are doing too much.

Seems time for a chin check.

That shyt with his moms is sick.

That's the part I'm grappling with - my feelings. I'm full of self-doubt because I focus on what is/might be wrong & I am quick to bolt. I've only been recently nit-picking things b/c he's been asking stuff like 'Do you see yourself with me?' 'What do you like about me?' 'When you get a boyfriend, do you think you will consider me?' I answer the same way each time he asks & I get a bit uncomfortable b/c I just want to chill at this point.
I don't really care enough to address what will be of concern to me. Then sometimes I do seriously ponder his questions. I'm starting to think I'm the one with the issue...but I won't say that I should bow out b/c of how I feel because I think he sees other women too. (I've never asked him and he's never mentioned it. I just assume since we're both single.)

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
That's the part I'm grappling with - my feelings. I'm full of self-doubt because I focus on what is/might be wrong & I am quick to bolt. I've only been recently nit-picking things b/c he's been asking stuff like 'Do you see yourself with me?' 'What do you like about me?' 'When you get a boyfriend, do you think you will consider me?' I answer the same way each time he asks & I get a bit uncomfortable b/c I just want to chill at this point.
I don't really care enough to address what will be of concern to me. Then sometimes I do seriously ponder his questions. I'm starting to think I'm the one with the issue...but I won't say that I should bow out b/c of how I feel because I think he sees other women too. (I've never asked him and he's never mentioned it. I just assume since we're both single.)

Seems like he is in a lower gear, and you desire more maturity, sophistication.

Bottom line...his mom comes first until that bytch is 6 feet under.

Just keep this nikka at a distance until he comes correct.