All In Huh? The Official 2024 New York Yankees Season Thread

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
:picard: Then he hasn't done shyt right.
Not a damn thing. He didn’t bring in any of the 1996 team’s guys and when he got promoted in the spring of 1998 the roster had already been built & Soriano had already been signed as an international free agent. Steinbrenner led the way getting the Roger Clemens, Mike Mussina, and Jason Giambi trades & signings done too. In regards to Rodriguez, the rangers called the Yankees up desperate to get his contract off the books after the trade that would’ve sent him to Boston fell through. He also let Clemens & Pettitte walk after 2003 and tried replacing the 421+ innings they pitched in house, only for them both to play some of their very best ball while leading Houston to the World Series. Pitching didn’t stabilize here again until Pettitte came back and they also would sign CC & Burnett. I can’t recall what role he had in signing Cano, but even in the event he did lead the way there, that’s basically 2 stars he’s taken the initiative in bringing on board in a 27 year career.

He can’t draft, can’t develop, burns bridges with all time greats, won’t trade high prospects for stars while not letting said prospects play at all only to let them walk a few years later, fills the roster with awful stopgap players, let a likely hall of famer walk in his prime only to replace him with old guys he signed to bad contracts, doesn’t like to sign great players in their prime, refuses to cut bait with bad players, chased a hall of fame manager out of town in as disrespectful a manner as possible, chased another title winning manager out, and continues to employ one of the worst managers in baseball while lying to the press and the fans at every opportunity about nearly everything while showing the utmost contempt for anyone who does anything but kiss his ass.

He’s as detestable a figure I’ve ever seen in sports purely from a how he runs the team from an on field/court/ice standpoint. I’d understand continuing to employ a GM who is a bit of a jerk but gets things done, but you could grab any random guy off the street walking past the stadium and get these results with the budget he has. Imagine if this guy didn’t have a boss who was at least willing to spend the money to bring in Judge, Cole, & I’m sure would be willing to resign Soto if he agreed to return on a long term deal.

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
Not a damn thing. He didn’t bring in any of the 1996 team’s guys and when he got promoted in the spring of 1998 the roster had already been built & Soriano had already been signed as an international free agent. Steinbrenner led the way getting the Roger Clemens, Mike Mussina, and Jason Giambi trades & signings done too. In regards to Rodriguez, the rangers called the Yankees up desperate to get his contract off the books after the trade that would’ve sent him to Boston fell through. He also let Clemens & Pettitte walk after 2003 and tried replacing the 421+ innings they pitched in house, only for them both to play some of their very best ball while leading Houston to the World Series. Pitching didn’t stabilize here again until Pettitte came back and they also would sign CC & Burnett. I can’t recall what role he had in signing Cano, but even in the event he did lead the way there, that’s basically 2 stars he’s taken the initiative in bringing on board in a 27 year career.

He can’t draft, can’t develop, burns bridges with all time greats, won’t trade high prospects for stars while not letting said prospects play at all only to let them walk a few years later, fills the roster with awful stopgap players, let a likely hall of famer walk in his prime only to replace him with old guys he signed to bad contracts, doesn’t like to sign great players in their prime, refuses to cut bait with bad players, chased a hall of fame manager out of town in as disrespectful a manner as possible, chased another title winning manager out, and continues to employ one of the worst managers in baseball while lying to the press and the fans at every opportunity about nearly everything while showing the utmost contempt for anyone who does anything but kiss his ass.

He’s as detestable a figure I’ve ever seen in sports purely from a how he runs the team from an on field/court/ice standpoint. I’d understand continuing to employ a GM who is a bit of a jerk but gets things done, but you could grab any random guy off the street walking past the stadium and get these results with the budget he has. Imagine if this guy didn’t have a boss who was at least willing to spend the money to bring in Judge, Cole, & I’m sure would be willing to resign Soto if he agreed to return on a long term deal.

Cano was signed right out of high school. But Cashman kept trying to trade him away.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

He misplayed a fly ball that let a few runs score right after too :dead:

How can you even get excited about this team when all the moves are being made with winning being the furthest thing from their mind
It’s basically impossible. I find myself actively rooting against them half the time. It’s almost bad for baseball if they’re good because winning isn’t a priority and it gives cover to other bad organizations.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
11 runs on 16 hits. Sure could’ve used some pitching at the deadline. Gonna keep saying it. My only concern going forward is that Hal fires the man who built this roster. $300+ million and he’s got maybe 3 starters, maybe 1-2 relievers, no third baseman, no first baseman, and his best centerfielder is in the minors. The World Series isn’t even worth thinking about until there’s a new GM.