All In Huh? The Official 2024 New York Yankees Season Thread

puggle

Superstar
Daps
I was hoping for the best but the All Star break did nothing for this team :francis:

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I was hoping for the best but the All Star break did nothing for this team :francis:
The team is broken at its core. This isn’t like let’s say the 2012 ravens where injuries derailed them for a while along with their shyt tier OC but had 90% of what they needed to win it all. This team needs 2-3 relievers, a third baseman, a second baseman, a shortstop, a left fielder, and another starter on top of needing depth for the bench since they might need a first baseman and a catcher too. There’s 4-6 automatic outs in the lineup every night and only 2 guys can be trusted to hit for any power.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Isnt the fanbase tired of this bullshyt
Can someone throw a shoe at the guy or something? If for anything just to see how he’ll react. It’s like he’s a robot programmed to say the same shyt regardless if it makes any sense at all. For 7 years now they’ve been one of the worst teams in baseball with men on base and they’ve never been a particularly disciplined team under him, perpetually prone to self inflicted mistakes. Are reporters so desperate for access that they’ll keep listening to this guy recite shyt from a teleprompter he knows isn’t true that’s of no substance anyway? What do the press gain from reporting about whatever word salad Boone gives them after a loss that’s entirely on them for making so many mistakes over the course of the game?

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can someone throw a shoe at the guy or something? If for anything just to see how he’ll react. It’s like he’s a robot programmed to say the same shyt regardless if it makes any sense at all. For 7 years now they’ve been one of the worst teams in baseball with men on base and they’ve never been a particularly disciplined team under him, perpetually prone to self inflicted mistakes. Are reporters so desperate for access that they’ll keep listening to this guy recite shyt from a teleprompter he knows isn’t true that’s of no substance anyway? What do the press gain from reporting about whatever word salad Boone gives them after a loss that’s entirely on them for making so many mistakes over the course of the game?

He dropped another gem too

Aaron Boone: "It's kinda like football. I feel like we're stopping the run, we're getting to third and long, and you know, we gotta find a way to break through."

:mjlol:

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
He dropped another gem too

Aaron Boone: "It's kinda like football. I feel like we're stopping the run, we're getting to third and long, and you know, we gotta find a way to break through."

:mjlol:
On the football note, does he really have anything to lose by going full Parcells and shytting all over his worst players for being trash when most of them shouldn’t even be on the team in the first place or the GM for saddling him with a roster where there’s just 3 hitters who are even at the league average ops? If he gets fired for it so what? He can say “this GM expected me to win with Aaron Hicks, Josh Donaldson, broken down DJ, a :flabbynsick: Rizzo, trash ass Torres, no pen, no shortstop, no catcher, a regularly injured Stanton, and no left fielder for the last 4-5 years.”

Can’t really argue that he’s been given a roster talented enough to get it done while that same roster has usually had 4-5 obvious crippling flaws in it.