All In Huh? The Official 2024 New York Yankees Season Thread

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tell me why Torres was benched for two games and the media made a federal case that he supposedly didn’t run out a grounder that he would’ve been out by a mile regardless, when he had a tight groin and now just a week later he’s hurt because of this groin issue so it was legit yet i didn’t hear any media apologize or take it back, they just want to keep perpetuating the stereotype that Hispanic players are lazy

But then volpe and DJ , 2 white players both Cost us a run by not knowing wtf is going on in the game and nobody is getting benched , and DJ has just been garbage period on top of it and the media mentioned it but it wasn’t made nearly as big of a deal as Torres

Racism

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Tell me why Torres was benched for two games and the media made a federal case that he supposedly didn’t run out a grounder that he would’ve been out by a mile regardless, when he had a tight groin and now just a week later he’s hurt because of this groin issue so it was legit yet i didn’t hear any media apologize or take it back, they just want to keep perpetuating the stereotype that Hispanic players are lazy

But then volpe and DJ , 2 white players both Cost us a run by not knowing wtf is going on in the game and nobody is getting benched , and DJ has just been garbage period on top of it and the media mentioned it but it wasn’t made nearly as big of a deal as Torres

Racism
because he's a known slacker who needed to be benched even if he was 100%. He's also someone who was relied upon to do well, especially in a walk year and has failed miserably. That alone has cost the Yankees games.

Volpe's been ass but they need him going forward (and they can't abandon the concept of relying on young players to produce). DJ we all acknowledge is cooked, didn't hustle and Boone is getting the brunt of it because he lied for him.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Just think everyone, if Cashman had just gone all in and traded for Castillo like he was supposed to instead of wasting prospects on an already injured Frankie montas, he’d never have signed Rodon to that awful contract.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Just think everyone, if Cashman had just gone all in and traded for Castillo like he was supposed to instead of wasting prospects on an already injured Frankie montas, he’d never have signed Rodon to that awful contract.
They turned down Dominguez for Castillo.

and we should be thankful they did.

The mistake was Yankee fans insisting they stop at nothing to go after Rodon (and let's be real, Yankee fans would have demanded Rodon whether we acquired Castillo or not. Around that time, the plan woulda been to blow up whatever the minor league system was AND spend money on Correa or Seager and Judge and Rodon.

Fast forward to this offseason, if they sign Soto, that's all they're really gonna do outside of minor stuff on the margins.

If they don't keep Soto, they shouldn't spend a penny on anything else.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
They turned down Dominguez for Castillo.

and we should be thankful they did.

The mistake was Yankee fans insisting they stop at nothing to go after Rodon (and let's be real, Yankee fans would have demanded Rodon whether we acquired Castillo or not. Around that time, the plan woulda been to blow up whatever the minor league system was AND spend money on Correa or Seager and Judge and Rodon.

Fast forward to this offseason, if they sign Soto, that's all they're really gonna do outside of minor stuff on the margins.

If they don't keep Soto, they shouldn't spend a penny on anything else.
Let’s be real. Odds are Dominguez won’t pan out either because judge is really the only prospect who has panned out the last 15 years. Given that they spent on Donaldson and Rodon, I’d have rather they spent on Castillo and Correa or Seager. If they lose Soto then they may as well trade judge and Cole and clean house entirely because this is at best an 80 win squad without him.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Let’s be real. Odds are Dominguez won’t pan out either because judge is really the only prospect who has panned out the last 15 years. Given that they spent on Donaldson and Rodon, I’d have rather they spent on Castillo and Correa or Seager. If they lose Soto then they may as well trade judge and Cole and clean house entirely because this is at best an 80 win squad without him.

If the Yankees can't rely on their prospects to pan out, they will never win a World Series again. The days of us watching guys develop on the Twins or whoever just to be dealt to us when it's time are over. Having young talent that contributes is critical. Even the Dodgers have to rely on it to offset the money they spend. If all we can look forward to out of the system as a success story is Judge, then everyone needs to go (and they should; Cashman hates the guys he picks). We can't spend just to avoid relying on the farm. Those guys are gonna be needed. The Red Sox can rely on Ceddanne Rafaela to kick our ass yet we suck our teeth when we have to bank on Volpe. That has to change even if it makes the Yankees look like they're operating on two different timelines (Cole/Judge vs. everyone else including Soto).

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
If the Yankees can't rely on their prospects to pan out, they will never win a World Series again. The days of us watching guys develop on the Twins or whoever just to be dealt to us when it's time are over. Having young talent that contributes is critical. Even the Dodgers have to rely on it to offset the money they spend. If all we can look forward to out of the system as a success story is Judge, then everyone needs to go (and they should; Cashman hates the guys he picks). We can't spend just to avoid relying on the farm. Those guys are gonna be needed. The Red Sox can rely on Ceddanne Rafaela to kick our ass yet we suck our teeth when we have to bank on Volpe. That has to change even if it makes the Yankees look like they're operating on two different timelines (Cole/Judge vs. everyone else including Soto).
It’s not even that I have an issue with trusting the young guys. It’s that the Yankees openly hate their own prospects to an extent that’s hard to comprehend. Jeff fisher didn’t have it out this bad for Vince young. Then there’s the more pressing issue that they just can’t develop any players. There’s no accountability in this organization so nobody up top examines any mistakes made to correct them. They just keep on doing what they do while Cashman wastes prospects and takes on bad contracts or signs players to bad deals himself. Judge being literally the only success story of the entire Yankee farm system since MJ, Scottie, and Phil were still with the bulls is all I need to point to that there’s nothing left to discuss with this franchise that doesn’t begin with firing Cashman and the entire front office. Also worth noting that when he finally gives a young guy the chance to play, he passes on multiple all stars at that position and the kid turns out to suck while he took on a ton of bad contracts at various other positions in the meantime.

As for timelines, a good GM would be able to fix this mess, but he’d only end up with 2-3 years to compete with Judge and Cole still playing at a high level since it would take him 2-4 years to clean up the mess Cashman has made. He has to go this winter. There’s just nothing worth examining until that’s done. He can’t be allowed to waste 3 separate championship windows and still keep his job.

Really feels like this team won’t win more than 20 games for the rest of the way. :hhh:
I’m rapidly reaching the point where I can’t see them finishing above .500 by the end of the season either. I have them at 59-51 or 60-50 when July is over. That would mean them going 31-61 over the final 92 games. If that doesn’t get Cashman fired, nothing baseball related ever will.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The Yankees pitching staff literally fell off a cliff after Cole came back. :dahell:

Maybe they should’ve just put him on the DL for the rest of the season.

I’ve never seen anything like this before.
There was always gonna be some regression, but they all started to suck at once except Nestor who gets no help anyway.