Aliens, Robots and Time Travel: The Sci-Fi Discussion Thread

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I figure most people are fans of the Snowpiercer movie but has anyone seen this flick called Colony that starred Laurence Fishburne and Bill Paxton that seemed like it was inspired by the Snowpiercer novel in some of its concepts?
It even came out a few months before Snowpiercer in 2013.
Not as good mind you but a decent watch.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I figure most people are fans of the Snowpiercer movie but has anyone seen this flick called Colony that starred Laurence Fishburne and Bill Paxton that seemed like it was inspired by the Snowpiercer novel in some of its concepts?

Seen it on blu at Big Lots. Had thoughts of blind buying, but didn’t feel it was worth it. Think I read a review saying it’s decent.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Seen it on blu at Big Lots. Had thoughts of blind buying, but didn’t feel it was worth it. Think I read a review saying it’s decent.
It's pretty decent. My only real criticism is that I think they'd have had a better movie just sticking with the folks in the colony and all the political/social machinations as Bill Paxton was trying to undermine Fishburne.
Making that turn into hard action was slightly disappointing.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

I like Sofia Boutella so this casting is cool with me.

The synopsis for Zack Snyder's Rebel Moon:
Rebel Moon is set in a peaceful colony on the edge of the galaxy that finds itself threatened by the armies of the tyrannical Regent Balisarius. Its only hope is a young woman with a mysterious past who seeks out warriors from neighboring planets to help them take a stand.

Sounds like Snyder is making his own Star Wars with influences from all the same properties that Lucas was inspired by especially Seven Samurai.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka

It was enjoyable up until one stupid scene that was so bad to me I turned it off. A very lame “everyone thinks I’m guilty but I’m not!” setup

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
independent low budget scifi
with that Delroy Lindo Stimulus

It could have been....more
but with most low budget Scifi , its about the message and for the most part they do that well.

LX 2048

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
surprisingly very good - a little more action oriented - but Scifi to the core
Like if fringe was a 2 hour movie