Aliens: Dark Descent (PS5, PS4, XB1,XBSX, Series X, PC)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
this game looks dope as hell, it really is a shame about the release timing though. They need to delay it a month

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Opencritic - 73
Metacritic - 74
Price: $39.99

Try Hard Guides - 10/10
Aliens: Dark Descent successfully pays homage to the Aliens franchise by deftly incorporating fear and suspense into story and gameplay alike. It embraces the established aesthetics and lore of the series, delivering an immersive experience that's sure to resonate with fans. With a story that clearly loves its originator and gameplay that's fun for RTS and Horror fans alike, Aliens: Dark Descent solidifies its place as a faithful and masterful entry in the Aliens universe

We Got This Covered - 3/5
Unfortunately, those game-breaking bugs almost ruined this one for me. I can't remember the last time a game broke this badly on me — let alone twice. Despite the fun I had with Aliens: Dark Descent, it gets a low score from me. I advise would-be players to give this one a month or two and wait for some critical patches and bug fixes before giving it a go. If you can't wait, keep an eye on your objective markers and make sure to let your marines rest frequently so you always know you have a safe save to return to.

The Sixth Axis - 8/10
Aliens: Dark Descent is a fantastic Aliens game. It absolutely nails the feel of the films and brings exactly the kind of tense and thrilling strategy combat you would want. The iconic motion tracker and creature design fit perfectly with the genre and there is even an interesting narrative that introduces some new perspectives to the series. While game over can come far too swiftly at times, there is always something to draw you back in.

Eurogamer - 3/5
Aliens: Dark Descent is an occasionally wayward but on the whole, inspired movie adaptation, and a suspenseful real-time tactics game.

IGN - 7/10
Aliens: Dark Descent is a fascinating, tense, inspired survival horror RTS with a few too many technical bugs to recommend it without caveats.

God is a Geek - 9/10
Anyone waiting for a genuinely good video game adaptation of Aliens can finally breathe a sigh of relief, though. Far more than any FPS or squad-based shooter, Dark Descent feels like something worthy of the name. It's not perfect, of course; the technical issues require swift attention, and there are moments of frustration thanks to your squad's occasional clumsy pathfinding, or sudden spikes in difficulty that you just can't see coming, but it's also one of the most immersive and exciting tactical shooters I've played, and a worthy successor and tribute to Cameron's sci-fi classic.