Alfie (2004 film) - Film Review/Discussion Thread

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
11869_3_large.jpg
I first watched the 2004 film “Alfie” back in 2006 when I was in my teens. I only remembered the general story of Alfie being a Don Juan.
I rewatched it today and found it to be a brilliant film. Jude Law’s performance was stunning, he truly owned the role.

The supporting cast was also impressive. Marisa Tomei looked absolutely fire for 40yrs old (I see why there’s a thread for her in the JBO). The other supporting actors, including Sienna Miller, Omar Epps, and Nia Long, played their roles effectively. I appreciated the film’s diversity, as I don’t remember either Omar or Nia being in the film.

The film’s message about the consequences of a hedonistic lifestyle was powerful. When I first watched it as a teenager, I wasn’t mature enough to fully understand it. Back then, I only saw Alfie as a guy who got a lot of women. Now, I realize the film explores the emptiness that comes with that lifestyle. The game might seem fruitful, but seed of the fruit is ripe. The reality of getting loads of women is far more complex and often painful.

The film offers a meaningful look at the impact of our actions and the importance of understanding the deeper consequences of our choices.

Thoughts on this film? Recommended watch

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The end monologue was really his letter to the game, I felt that

Did you ever watch the original film?
I’ve never watched the Michael Caine version, what’s your thoughts on it ? Lemme know if your recommend
I enjoyed it to. Susan Sarandon gave him his playboy wake up call.
She definitely did, reminded me when a mature woman told me she dated younger guys because they’re easier to manipulate.

The mature ones and undercover super/crazy hoes will, the film had all bases loaded. Even Nia long with the ‘high and mighty but I ain’t shyt too’ schtick