Alexander Ovechkin scores 800! Chasing Gretzky’s 894 goal record

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
The wildest about this shyt is that Gretzky has about 2000 assists and #2 about 1200 :mjlol:

That would be crazy if Stockton, not only had a lot more assists than he has but also scored more points than Bron. Or the opposite.

Unbelievable shyt

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As a Gretzky stan, I don't want him to break the record. And even if he does, 92 goals in a season is a more impressive record and he will never sniff that.
Not big on hockey so forgive me. What happened with Wayne? Dude was on a stupid pace early in his career. Coulda easily crossed 1000 even with a drop in pace because them early numbers were that dumb. Did he change his game? Fall off? Rule changes? Combo thereof?

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Not big on hockey so forgive me. What happened with Wayne? Dude was on a stupid pace early in his career. Coulda easily crossed 1000 even with a drop in pace because them early numbers were that dumb. Did he change his game? Fall off? Rule changes? Combo thereof?
The League went through a massive shift in the 90s to a more defensive game. Kinda similar to the 70/80s NBA and the 90s

They ended up putting in rule changes because scoring had dropped so much

Plus he had so much talent on those 80s teams, and still played with great players in the 90s but those Oilers teams in the 80s were stacked

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

He had a bad back by the 90s that limited his play and he wasn’t as explosive with his shot. He was still an elite playmaker getting pucks into the positions for guys to score. At 37, he had a 90 point season so he was still an elite point getter

Between 83 and 86, he had 628 points :mjlol: Just unfathomable the shyt he was doing.

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown

What the other two posters said, along with goalies no longer looking like Scarecrows, but rather the Michelin Man with all of their gear.